My, What a Long Nose You Have....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
... yup, the Tōkaidō Shinkansen has one heck of a snout !!

IMG_20161022_164259_zpsopgj3cl1.jpg

Travelling on this train is more akin to being about an airliner. The seating and windows are very aircraft like. As is the speed, clocked a GPS recorded 189mph...

Something worth noting is the total absence of litter on the track bed in the station, which of course is just a reflection of the general cleanliness everywhere.

IMG_20161022_164509_zps0m4pvenr.jpg

The reason for taking the Tōkaidō Shinkansen was to visit Hiroshima and the Peace Memorial. No photos taken, didn't seem respectful. Just to say it was very moving and a difficult experience........

Re the litter, like Germany. I think I saw one piece (most likely dropped by a Brit).

Yes, total absence of litter anywhere. The Japanese simply don't drop any...

Also noticed in road tunnels, no curb side debris of any kind, not even grit and rubber marbles. They must sweep them out daily.

People here simply have such respect and consideration for others. Drivers included, never hear a horn sound. Cars reverse to allow pedestrians to cross should a car have to halt part way out a turning.

Also this is a detailer's heaven, still haven't seen a dirty vehicle of any type. Even the refuse trucks are polished with tyres dressed!!!

Whoa!!! I didn't know Barry Manilow and Barbara Streisand had had a child! :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom