My wife and my car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slugsy

Car
E63S AMG
Ok, just wondered if there were any similar people out there!

My wife and I had some what of a ‘debate’ yesterday after I had spent 3 hours cleaning my car in the cold conditions (at least it was dry).

Over Xmas there was just one thing after another, I did loads of travelling on crappy, dirty roads, the kids were in and out with their dirty shoes and as Xmas progressed, I have to admit I got more and more ‘stressed’ about the condition of my car and not being able to get time to sort it.

So after ticking all the chores and to do stuff, I got my hands on the car yesterday and have to admit, felt much better after it was clean and shiny, inside and out!

My wife thinks I have deep psychological problems! Am I alone? Should I seek help?:)

Ok, just wondered if there were any similar people out there!

My wife and I had some what of a ‘debate’ yesterday after I had spent 3 hours cleaning my car in the cold conditions (at least it was dry).

Over Xmas there was just one thing after another, I did loads of travelling on crappy, dirty roads, the kids were in and out with their dirty shoes and as Xmas progressed, I have to admit I got more and more ‘stressed’ about the condition of my car and not being able to get time to sort it.

So after ticking all the chores and to do stuff, I got my hands on the car yesterday and have to admit, felt much better after it was clean and shiny, inside and out!

My wife thinks I have deep psychological problems! Am I alone? Should I seek help?:)
Nothing wrong in keeping your car clean. Would your wife go out in dirty shoes?

You’re not alone! My wife moans at me, and the perfect response is; “Well babe, you spend 2 hours having a bath deciding what to wear and doing your hair and makeup. Now why go out in a dirty car”

It seems to me one way or another, that most wives/women think their husbands, partners need some psychological help, that's simply how it is, my wife and probably yours as well is never wrong, women in general are never wrong, that is something they all wholeheartedly believe and will even tell you, "I'm right aren't i"? "You know I'm right," it's usually best to just sigh, go along with it, adopt the easy life say yes dear,, and move on, do whatever it was you were about to do, get it done, as you did with your car cleaning, we all do that, it's what we do, and like doing, seeing the results, feeling pleased with what we've achieved. And you can do it in the sometimes vain hope that she will like what you've done, sometimes you can be slightly praised for your effort, "oh, the car looks nice dear, but you've missed a bit there," ignore the last bit and accept the praise, she loves it really, but in reality she thinks she could have done better, we know she couldn't, but, let it go. Discretion being the better part of valour. You are not alone, have a good day. :thumb:

Me and my partner get the snow foam going and do both cars at the same time. I love detailing. I've got him into it. I've got a right stash of products. I even had a rotary polisher a few years ago. You could always tell her that some females love it and she should give it a go. It might at least get her off your back if she thinks it's something that is normal to some females

I thought this was the For Sale section for a minute, popped in to look for more details and pictures. ;)

Get the same here, I get asked why I spend so much time cleaning underneath and why on earth do I have to take the wheels off sometimes.

Great stuff folks, Sarah Anne, I’ll try that approach but I suspect it will be given short shrift!

She caught me cleaning the engine bay this morning while filing up the washer fluid and gasped in despair!:D

Wife thinks I am nuts regarding cleaning my cars / bikes / garage whereas she will spend hours tidying and cleaning the house but cannot dedicate 10 mins to removing the accumulated crap from her car which I cannot understand.

Over her last two vehicles (four years) she has never once washed / cleaned them , it has always been done by me when I can look at the state of them no longer. Leave a pair of shoes lying around the house and it turns into a drama , but she can leave her car like a skip and it is OK :wallbash:

K

Well my wife knows that i clean a car better than her, it has been proven we will both wash our cars and then later on we will go take a look and there is always toblerones (and sometimes panels) that she has missed. But 99% of the time i will wash her car when the dirt on it just becomes too much, or instead of buying her a bunch of flowers i will get her car cleaned by a local company, its usually less than £20

My wife says she knows when I’m not so good as I don’t clean car or van. Not a criticism, but a good indication that I’m not up to doing something I love. Neither have been cleaned since October.

She never gives me a hard time when I wash them, tidy the garage etc as she knows it makes me happy. It’s not like I’m a drunken bum in the pub.

It’s always strange to me when other half’s disapprove of their partner indulging in their passion, regardless of which way around it it.

Well there is certainly a bit of psychology involved.

What you have to understand is that everything you or your wife does in the house is classified as necessary work.

Any work no matter how necessary or strenuous that you do outside the house is classified as you having fun so there is no chance of you getting credit for it.

Funny isn’t it. She never complains when I have her tea ready for her when she gets home from work every night, clean the house, leave the toilet seat down, rinse the sink after a shave, etc.

I’m forever cleaning mine and she generally leaves me alone to get on with it as it keeps me quiet. However, she has started asking questions as to why the wheels need to come off to be cleaned and why boxes of cleaning materials keep arriving and disappearing into the garage :cool:

I actually find the cleaning routine quite therapeutic and it is always nice to sit back and look at the car with everything fully open and everything clean and tidy :thumb:

Funny isn’t it. She never complains when I have her tea ready for her when she gets home from work every night, clean the house, leave the toilet seat down, rinse the sink after a shave, etc.

you clean the house?
drop the toilet seat?
you ain't lived man!

Just tell her you noticed how clean and shiny her best friend's car looked after her husband had cleaned it, that should do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom