my wife has cancer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are with you my mother was diagnosed with throat cancer horrible at the time but pulled through and got the all clear stay strong,wishing you both all the best

Sad to hear this. Best wishes to you both for the road ahead… ☹️

I can understand that, my Wife also spends loads on keeping her hair nice. For her, the worst aspect of lockdown was not being able to go to the hairdresser as much being able to go to the pub!

But in all seriousness, your wife's health is what matters above everything else. Wealth, Cars, even Hair, are not important.

Thinking of you...
My wife is a hairdresser and has had many clients going through cancer treatment, with varying degrees of success. Every experienced hairdresser will have dealt with this before and will know what’s just the right amount of TLC for their client. Some want everything shaved off before they endure lumps falling out, while others do better with changing hairstyles appropriately as time goes on. Leaving the salon with a new ‘do’ is the encouragement and boost that very many cancer patients thrive on.

Gary & Debbie. Please try & stay positive. My girlfriend was diagnosed with the same & 12 years later she is alive & well. Things have progressed much since then(treatment wise) & it seems as though you have caught it early which must always be good. I hope in 12+ years time you will be looking back in the same way we do. Cordialement Rob

Sending our very best thoughts and wishes to Deb, the family and yourself Gary.

Please keep us all updated when you can. And as others have rightly said look after yourself as well as Deb. There’s plenty of genuine caring folk on here. If you need an extra pair of ears to listen, PM me anytime.

🙏👍🤞

So very sad to hear this, All the very best to you both and especially to Debbie stay strong 💪 it’s a terrible thing Cancer …….but with modern treatments and medicines it can and will be overcome
Thinking of you both stay strong

Very sorry to hear this. Cancer isn't a great diagnosis to have, obviously, but very many make a full recovery with treatments (personal experience). Best of luck!

I am so sorry to hear your wife is ill, I am sure you will both stay strong,of course it is a big shock when something like this happens,but it seems that a early diagnosis is the key,she seems to be on a quick path to finding out just what you are dealing with.

Sorry to hear this Gary and Debbie. It must be so shocking to find something and then for them to confirm what is our worst fear.
Although I don't know you well, we have talked about the trouble with your car and what was coming next with that so feel free to message if you want.
Thank goodness you have each other. Sending positive thoughts along with everyone else.

Deb says thank you all for your messages of support and the useful bits of info.
Im just more angry than anything, not at deb, but at death. He took my parents and a cousin last year, and now he is lurking again taunting me if you know what i mean. I will stay strong for all of us somehow, and i know the coming months arent going to be easy.
I will be disaster planning with our finances this week, as we will both be having time off work, and as we didnt take a 3 month payment break on credit cards etc last year, that will be an option i will also look at to keep us above water. We both know that we have to stop smoking this week and the cash saved from that will go a long way, plus it reduces any further cancer risk for deb.
Babe, we will go into this tunnel together, and we WILL walk out the other end together xxx

Sorry to read about this.

You've been through the mill a few times with what you have posted up in recent times and obviously now Deb has a fight on her hands.

Cancer has the potential to be a rollercoaster from previous experience but take each day as it comes and keep going.

Hopefully she has caught it early-enough.

Best wishes to you both.

Men should check for breast cancer too. It's not as common but still happens.

Not much more I can add to what has been said already.
Wishing your wife all the very best and a positive outcome following treatment.
Stay strong and positive.

So sorry to hear this. If there is anything locally I can do, just shout!

Thanks gollom. Means a lot :)

Sorry to hear about your wife, stay positive, I know a quite a few women who have been all clear after various surgery and chemo.

Deb says thank you all for your messages of support and the useful bits of info.
Im just more angry than anything, not at deb, but at death. He took my parents and a cousin last year, and now he is lurking again taunting me if you know what i mean. I will stay strong for all of us somehow, and i know the coming months arent going to be easy.
I will be disaster planning with our finances this week, as we will both be having time off work, and as we didnt take a 3 month payment break on credit cards etc last year, that will be an option i will also look at to keep us above water. We both know that we have to stop smoking this week and the cash saved from that will go a long way, plus it reduces any further cancer risk for deb.
Babe, we will go into this tunnel together, and we WILL walk out the other end together xxx
You will not be walking into that tunnel alone. You have many friends here and in your normal life that will be there with you on the journey.

Use any of them when you need to - it is why we have friends. We are there to support when it is needed.

Cancer the dreaded C word. Here's a few more- care compassion companionship communication continuity. The first three can be helped by the many online communities concerned with this condition. The Macmillan site is very good as already mentioned but there will be other groups dealing with the condition and these may help to combat the feelings of isolation your wife may be experiencing. The last two concern your wife's interaction with the treatment she will receive from the NHS. I would suggest that she keeps a brief record of all her interactions with the system be it dates appointments consultations treatments in a diary. Things that seem fresh in her mind at the moment may fade with the passage of time, and it may help recall consultant/registrar/nurse names, what precisely was discussed, her prognosis , what drugs are prescribed, scan results etc etc. this often ensures continuity of care when you may not see the same NHS members of staff every time and who may only have their previous NHS notes to go by when they see you for the first time. This aids communication and continuity of care- it's a good self-help habit to develop. My advice go out and buy that desk diary now and detail what's happened so far. Wishing you both all best. G
Amen to this one. Was about to write the same. It's vital to keep a systematic note of interactions - preferably in a physical notebook or diary. Start it now, by summarising what's happened so far.

Stay cool. Yes, it's serious and needs attention, but breast cancer affects one in seven.

It's important to stay positive and appreciate that this is something that can be managed through medication and healthy living. The big risk factors for breast cancer are being overweight, alcohol, and inactivity. If that rings any bells, now's the time to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom