my wife has cancer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s nice and slim and her job keeps her fit. She has a ct scan this morning then it’s waiting for the doc to sit us down and say what’s what.

She’s nice and slim and her job keeps her fit. She has a ct scan this morning then it’s waiting for the doc to sit us down and say what’s what.
All the best to you both today bud - there's a lot of people on here backing you up 👍🤞

Ct scan done. Deb will either have a phone call or a letter for the results appointment within 10 days. She has to drink plenty over the next couple of days to get the dye they injected her with out.
Now it’s the waiting game.

Gosh, that's going to seem like a long wait. Sending best wishes, along with everyone else, I'm sure.

It is what it is. Deb had a phone call earlier asking her to go for an MRI scan appt on monday. If shes having that as well, it should then give us a complete picture of what is going on inside her. I jokingly teased her the fact the scanners know more of her than i do after over 20 years.;)

I went through more scans than the office photocopier. Started with x-rays then CT with trace dye, PET-scan with radio active trace x3 Ultrasound. I was amazed at the cost per scan to the NHS when they use Alliance Medical with the mobile scanner, the PET scan is the one I remember most because I got to see the results of my last one rather than just the doctor verbally giving me the results. She just said there you go it has gone apart from some tissue scarring, this by the way was on Christmas Eve, still get a bit emotional when I think back.

So Gary and Debbie you have a fight on your hands, but one that you can win. As I said before the knowing what you are facing is a massive driver towards recovery, at the end of yours and Debs journey you will look back and see the whole thing in a very different light.

Richard

PS you should be entitled to a Macmillan grant to cover travel to and from appointments Etc. it is not means tested or anything, I got about £400.00

@Athey I'm so sorry to read about your wife, and I wish you both the best possible outcome. Please try and channel the anger you have mentioned towards support and positivity. I know it's easy to say, but anger is such a drain of personal mental resources, which you will need plenty of.

OP. my thoughts are with you both.

I know from my own life experiences that everyone is an individual when it comes to various cancers and there effects. But here is one of our family experiences.

In her late very sixties my mother in law was diagnosed with something that sounds very similar to what you are describing....she is now 81 and still going strong..

As Grober say's keep a detailed diary . All the best.

I,like most on here, know either you or your wife but wish you all the best with this horrid disease. It’s easy for us to say it from the outside but fight with all you’ve got and keep faith in all that’s being done to help you.

Thats a nice thought about the macmillan grant richard, but we'll let someone who needs it more than us apply for that.
I've applied for a loan to pay off the credit cards and the car. It will be a lower payment each month, and only 1 lot of interest plus 1 payment date, so it will take the pressure off making sure everyone gets paid on separate days each month. And the interest rate is cheaper so win win.
If deb cant work due to treatment, at least i earn enough to cover everything, and pay the loan back quick when she is ready to go back to work.
I know its jumping the gun a little, but id rather be prepared for worst case scenario. Both our bosses have said our jobs are safe no matter what, so thats a huge relief.

You know, the past year i have pushed everyone away, because i was so overwhelmed with grief, sorrow and hurt that i just could'nt and would'nt take on board that there were people who cared and wanted to help, and reading all these messages of support for Debbie and me has started to open my eyes.

Thank you to all of you!

Best of luck for the future for the both of you. Hope your wife conquers this horrible situation.
Keith

Sorry to hear this. I hope the treatments work out.

3 weeks ago, my wife deb found a lump on her breast that seems to have come out of nowhere. Went to the doctors and was referred urgently for tests.
On monday last week, she had a mammogram, biopsy and other things done, and had the phone call friday morning confirming she has breast cancer!
She had a blood test done yesterday and has a ct scan booked tomorrow to see if it has spread anywhere else other than her breast and lymph nodes under her armpit.
As you will all understand, it is a hell of a shock to us all, but mostly poor deb,. Shes scared that it will take her the way cancer killed her dad a few years ago, and is sore and upset. She will fight this, and as all you ladies on here will sympathise with, shes terrified of losing her hair. Costs a fortune as it is to keep it nice but thats a girl thing!

Were trying to be positive at at the moment and hope that the best case scenario will be cut out the lump and chemo or radiotherapy to kill anything left.

worst case.... Another loss!

IM NOT GOING TO LOSE MY WIFE AS WELL, NOT THIS TIME SO DEATH **** OFF!

We will keep you all posted, and ladies, please check your breasts regularly, and go to the doctors as the slightest sign of anything wrong.
Gary and Debbie x
Stay strong mate. Keep us posted.
It’s a sh#t turn of fate but we are all rooting for your wife, you and your family 🙏🏻

We went through something very similar in the past few years, treatment is very successful these days so please try to stay positive and keep in touch.

I am sorry to hear about your wife's cancer diagnosis and having had experienced a prostate cancer diagnosis know what a shock the news can be. Having read the thread I see you have had lots of great advice and support already and I would especially agree with the staying positive comments. Whatever you're faced with dealing with it together makes everything manageable, best of luck with the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom