my wife has cancer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb spent 45 mins led on her stomach on the mri scanner. had more dye injected, and shes sore bless her. Now its the dreaded wait to find out whats what.

Deb spent 45 mins led on her stomach on the mri scanner. had more dye injected, and shes sore bless her. Now its the dreaded wait to find out whats what.
Yeah. Bloomin noisy things those MRI scanners. It’s a long time she was in there. But, another thing out of the way for now.

Keep us posted Gary. And give Debs a 👍 too.

The best of luck. I hope the news is good...

I had an MRI earlier this year and they are noisy.

Not a great place to be if you get claustrophobic.

Hopefully everything works out the best for both of you

Got a letter through the post today. Late but its here.

core biopsy right breast invasive lobular carcinoma, provisional grade 2
(12 o'clock position, peri receptors pending
areola) P value not available, M3 U3 A4

FNAC right breast C2 benign
(same area)

FNAC right auxillary lymph C5 malignant
node

This was dated before the CT and MRI scan.
We have a meeting on tuesday morning to discuss whats what.

I wish you wife well and my love goes out to you both, God Bless and stay strong.

Again, my best wishes to you both.

Got a letter through the post today. Late but its here.

core biopsy right breast invasive lobular carcinoma, provisional grade 2
(12 o'clock position, peri receptors pending
areola) P value not available, M3 U3 A4

FNAC right breast C2 benign
(same area)

FNAC right auxillary lymph C5 malignant
node

This was dated before the CT and MRI scan.
We have a meeting on tuesday morning to discuss whats what.
They’ve caught it fairly early - good chance of curing it with multimodal treatment. I hope that brings you some comfort, the CT/MRI will show if there’s any other metastasis. I really hope it’s curable for your wife. Breast cancer treatment has come a long way. All the best.

If sharing your situation on this Forum helps then as you have already witnessed the many kind replies of empathy & sympathy will hopefully help. From my experience working with Macmillan & at a hospice DO NOT overlook how such organisations especially the former who have access to a mass of sensible & more importantly practical advice. Both organisations support patients & their carers at the early stages of life threatening illness not just when end-of-life care is needed. Use them for you are not alone.

Thanks for the advice memerc, but we will deal with this in the family having had a bad experience with macmillan with her dad.
Not good news, the lump is much bigger than previously mentioned and a mastectomy followed by months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy is in order. Op being arranged asap/ and MRI confirms its been caught just in time.
I did a deal with the devil. her life for mine. She will live and make a good recovery, that we are confident about, and she will have reconstructive surgery at some point, so until the sob comes for me, ill do everything in my power to make her happy, and keep her well.

Thanks for the advice memerc, but we will deal with this in the family having had a bad experience with macmillan with her dad.
Not good news, the lump is much bigger than previously mentioned and a mastectomy followed by months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy is in order. Op being arranged asap/ and MRI confirms its been caught just in time.
I did a deal with the devil. her life for mine. She will live and make a good recovery, that we are confident about, and she will have reconstructive surgery at some point, so until the sob comes for me, ill do everything in my power to make her happy, and keep her well.
Thanks for the update Gary. 🙏

Not good news in so far as what is there but being caught early / in time is always preferable as it gives the best chance.

Hope it goes well but I know from experience it is a rollercoaster but I think the best advice is to take each day as it comes.

Some challenging times ahead no doubt bud, but there's plenty people rooting for you both.✌️

Think i'll change our surnames to balboa, what with all the heavyweight hits we've taken since the start of last year, and yet we are still standing! Yet more to come. I'll nominate myself for unluckiest man award:)

To those of you who have sent me your numbers, bear with me for a few more days while i get my head round this, and i'll be in contact. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom