my wife has cancer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of you all at this time

Not been on here for a while. Decided to redecorate the house for Deb while she spent a couple of weeks at her mums after the op recovering. Better than flowers as she is stuck at home for some time to come. At her first meeting with her consultant Mr Hogg, it came out that the cancer in thr lymph nodes was aggressive, and thats why she spent a long time in surgery to remove them.

Had her first batch of chemotherapy last week, and its hit her hard. Even with steroids, shes tired a lot of the time, and her mental health has gone downhill a bit which is only to be expected.

With Sarah harding. Julia bradbury and others bringing breast cancer into the news, deb doesnt feel quite as alone as she did, but is dreading the hair loss to come.

Ive transferred to a site close to home just in case of anything, so am only 15 mins away from her.

On the note of decorating, ive wrapped the kitchen units with D C vinyl, and also the internal doors. Come up a treat, so wrapped the worktops as well.

Anyway, we will keep you updated as this journey progresses, and yet again ladies, CHECK THOSE BREASTS!!!

Best wishes to your wife on her continuing recovery:thumb:
Top marks for the decorating work too.

hope it all works out! wishing your Mrs a quick recovery!

All the best, thinking about your Wife and you, hope all goes well. x 🤞 🙏👍

My Mrs father has in the last 2 months been diagnosed with asbestosis from years ago, he had gone down hill very fast and is now bed ridden and not looking promising 😔.
It's not a very nice situation for anyone to be in.

Hope everything works out for the best.

Good and bad news. Debs latest blood test and ct scan shows NO cancer. She had her last bout of chemotherapy just before new year, and starts 3 weeks of radiotherapy this week to make sure it doesnt come back.
It has been a very rough ride for her these past few months, and has suffered horrific side effects, but she stayed strong and has won the battle.
A massive thank you to Mr Hogg and his team, and everyone at the Rosemere unit at Royal Preston Hospital for saving her life. Me and the kids are eternally grateful for what you have done.

Now the bad news. As you know, i did a deal with the devil. My life for hers.
This morning, i went to see my doctor, and have had do not resusitate put on my records, and told him that i will NOT accept treatment for covid no matter what, I am unvaccinated, and am ready to swap the car for covid on the condition that they get the car on my passing.

Please dont try and say anything, as my mind is set and i will not change my mind. Ive made sure the life insurance, etc is up to date,.

Dont do a deal with the devil unless you are prepared to honour your end of it.

To all cancer sufferers out there, keep hope alive.

Great news, about Debs, and on other matters, I don't quite understand your decisions, but I respect them.

Last edited:
Gary I am sure we are all very pleased that your wife has come through all that cancer treatment and has now been given the all clear,that is very very good news,with regard you Gary make sure you keep well to enjoy years of being with Deb's,many people who have not been through a loved ones cancer illness and treatment have no idea just how much it affects your mental outlook,and the strain it puts on the family ,but Gary you have got the result you hoped for and so you just need some time to relax and get life back to normal.

Gary
Regarding your Debs and the cancer, I'm with you every step.
With the exception of a couple of months (July, Aug, Sept) I've followed this thread
You've got lucky
A strong lady and a cancer that has reacted well to treatment.
For my Sal, although she was immensely strong, her cancer just exploded and she's been gone almost 5 months now.

Worst case scenario and you get covid;
What will Debs do without you?
How will she feel, all that cancer trauma and then losing you?

I was in hospital with covid, when Sal was told that she should count her remaining time in weeks.
She died 18 days later.
I had been double jabbed, I was 69, I survived.
Would I have survived unvaccinated?
I have MS
I suffered 2 serious chest infections in the months running up to covid
The answer to the question is; probably not, but, if I had, I'd have been no good to Sally.

Get vaccinated for Debs

Glad to hear that Debs is doing well. That really is wonderful news.

I know your mind is made up, and I respect that, but consider this. You don’t need to honour a deal with the Devil. There was never a deal, the Devil had nothing to do with Debs’ turnaround.

Debs, her medical team and the support of you and her friends and family are what turned things around for Debs. Now do a deal with Debs, to be there for her for as long as possible, and to enjoy as much as possible together 👍🏻

A deal is a deal, agreed, but Debs still very much needs you - especially if she relapses and needs more treatments to get back on track (been there, done that, and lived to tell the tale - litterally) - you can always keep your side of the deal once Debs no longer needs you. Not trying to talk you out of honouring your side of the deal, but I think that the timing of the 'repayment' is not set in stone.

Should you unfortunately pass due to the lack of covid vaccines I’m not so sure your wife and kids will be overjoyed by your “deal with the Devil” and the sadness and misery you’ll have laid at their door will be intolerable at times.

Your wife was and still is vulnerable due to her condition and treatment.

By not being vaccinated you are putting her at risk,that is a fact. She has got to this stage due to modern medicine driven by science and not some imaginary "pact".

For her sake if nothing else get yourself vaccinated because to not be vaccinated is selfish and rather short sighted.

Respect your decision, as its your human right not to have a experimental drug to which long term side effects are unknown, if do not wish to.

All the best to your wife, your a strong couple and inspiration how you have delt with it through this time,

all the best much love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom