My wife is buying a Qashqai!

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by splang, Aug 6, 2008.

1. splang

splang Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212 E250 Avantgarde
    Just went in a pre-reg qashqai - first reg in april and done 23 miles (plus 10 from our test drive).

£15790 for a 1.5 td aurtic (or something) trim.
    Really comfy and quiet inside.

Negotiated with the salesman for 5k down and 10k on 3 yrs 0% (so we get the interest from our savings) and also full tank of fuel 1 yr tax and a good trade in on old car...

Works out as a 13.5k qashqai which I reckon is pretty good - these seem to hold their value really well atm.

Any advice or opinions? We haven't signed yet and said we would confirm tomorrow...trying to get the first service thrown in for free too!! He was squirming at that point and wearing out the carpet from his desk to the managers office!!
    :p

2. columb

columb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212
    Check internets- you might find something cheaper!

Plus where is a Star?

Cheers
    Chris

3. mattc

mattc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 E270 avantgarde, 1994 E320 Coupe
    Grounds for divorce I would have thought:D

4. Scorcher

Scorcher Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 E55 AMG
    I got one for the missus - it's a Tekna 4WD CVT 2.0 petrol with bluetooth, pano roof, reversing camera, heated leather and lots of other things I can't remember.

Great little car with a huge boot, excellent driving position and super safe NCAP - perfect for the family.

Great choice :)

5. OP
    OP
    splang

splang Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212 E250 Avantgarde
    Cheers for the replies...

We have done some more research and decided we may as well go for a new one with the offers that are out there at the moment.
    Nice new 58 plate in september...

I agree - lovely family car with that slightly elevated driving position that women seem to like so much..(and highest 5 star ncap score for adult safety so hopefully good for little one in isofix seat too!)

6. Gucci

Gucci Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
    My neighbour is a Nissan salesman and Quashqai's are are on the drive a lot. I see the appeal, solid looking, reliable. Ford Kuga may dent sales soon