My wife wants to borrow the SClass!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
My dear wife has a girls night out planned tomorrow night with a few of her girlfriends, as she's on the wagon at the moment she's offered to drive. Good plan I though until she mentioned that "I might take them in style and use the SClass!" :eek:

She's not driven it much and I must admit to being ever so slightly nervous about something happening (to the car not the wife) mainly it being doored, keyed, bumped or kerbed.... But then again I suppose if she drives it a bit she'll understand when I want to spend more money on it. Although it doesn't seem to work like that with the wimmin folk...

What do you reckon, should I let her I should I make up some excuse so she takes her car?

Pull the elctric seats fuse so she can't adjust it...;)

Have you looked at her car?
If she doesn't look after hers, she won't look after yours either.
If hers is OK, it's your call, do you feel lucky?

Russ

Will life be worth living if you refuse her?

Let her use it, then if, if, something untoward happens, well, you got a great stick to beat her with. Metaphorically speaking of course!!

Her car is looked after to a high standard by yours truly. However not to the same standards of affection as mine!

Blimey I forgot about the incessant tampering with my gadgets and gizmos! :confused:

Ok I need an excuse guys can you help me out?

Sudden "puncture" as she is getting ready to go out should do it. She will probably be running late getting all the gear on to go out! There just wont be time to change it. (Spare could have no air in it, to make dead sure)

Simply offer to be the Chaufferur.,

I have always found that being the driver in such circumstances is very entertaining and flattering, espcially when the ladies have had a wine or two. . . . . . . ..

I speak from some very uplifting and eye brow raising experiences ....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Marc

Bugger it, it might just be more hassle than its worth NOT to let her use it. And I have persuaded her that we need to visit Tony Purslow's in Guildford on Saturday to look at a new M Class, so I guess I need to keep her sweet... She's only going to our local less than two miles away, but its in town and full of MB hating, hooded scumbags (or so my paranoia tells me!)

A few possibles............

Is she insured? Maybe not(!)
Very low on petrol - tell her to fill it up - if shes anything like my ex, she will run a mile
Remove one headlamp bulb - or replace one with a duff bulb
Insist she knows how to change a tyre and put the spare on - just in case
remove the battery from the key fob so it doesnt work

Oh I cant do the chauffeur thing as I am babysitting! Cant leave my two boys on their own... But then again ... it is my SClass!

(Only joking!)

She's not driven it much and I must admit to being ever so slightly nervous about something happening (to the car not the wife) mainly it being doored, keyed, bumped or kerbed.... But then again I suppose if she drives it a bit she'll understand when I want to spend more money on it. Although it doesn't seem to work like that with the wimmin folk...

What do you reckon, should I let her I should I make up some excuse so she takes her car?

ERRRRR - NO!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

She will KNOW her life depends on it coming back without a scratch, you men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I take exception that you men think us ladies can't drive!!!!!!!!!! (Some of us have had a LOT more experience than you!!) :p:p:p:p

Id let her use it . My wife uses my merc every day , and i use her MR2 on wet or frosty days . Infact she has it with her now at work .

Keep telling myself its only a car... whats the worst that could happen... What if one of her friends drinks too much wine and vomits cheap Shiraz over my impeccably valeted interior... Or they decide to get chips on the way home!!!

I think I may have to work very late tomorrow night.....

Pull the fuse from the ECU , when she gets in it , the lights and everything will come on but it won't start .

Suggest that she takes her own car , and that you'll have a look on the forum for a solution and you'll see if you can sort it out while she is out ;)

Next morning , fuse back in , job done and you're a hero !

Just bear this in mind...........................

Last edited:
Keep telling myself its only a car... whats the worst that could happen... What if one of her friends drinks too much wine and vomits cheap Shiraz over my impeccably valeted interior... Or they decide to get chips on the way home!!!

I hope they do both :devil::devil::devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom