My Wife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is your “trade”?
There is a group called Band of Builders but I think they are focused on helping people in the construction industry.

What is your “trade”?
There is a group called Band of Builders but I think they are focused on helping people in the construction industry.
Absolutely zero related to building.
All IT stuff for me

Another thought, I think DIY SOS rely on “recommendations“ from third parties rather than direct approaches.
Do you have a local support group who could make the application?

Another thought, I think DIY SOS rely on “recommendations“ from third parties rather than direct approaches.
Do you have a local support group who could make the application?
I honestly don't know of any type of groups. I've been resigned to having to do everything by myself at this stage.
I will hopefully have agreement with the construction in the coming days fingers crossed

Shaun I'm sorry to hear of Ann's worsened condition.

I always liked her spirit in the face of the severe difficulties she, and you, faced. All the very best and let's hope something can be sorted.

Shaun I'm sorry to hear of Ann's worsened condition.

I always liked her spirit in the face of the severe difficulties she, and you, faced. All the very best and let's hope something can be sorted.
Thanks Ciaran

I honestly don't know of any type of groups. I've been resigned to having to do everything by myself at this stage.
I will hopefully have agreement with the construction in the coming days fingers crossed
Awful situation to be in Shaun. Have you looked at the NHS Continuing Care funding scheme which is there for your type of situation? Your Local Authority have also legal responsibilities. There is a company called Beacon out there who give free advice on these issues as well. Everyone needs help occasionally and this is a time where I'd be getting it- too much to tackle on your own.

Awful situation to be in Shaun. Have you looked at the NHS Continuing Care funding scheme which is there for your type of situation? Your Local Authority have also legal responsibilities. There is a company called Beacon out there who give free advice on these issues as well. Everyone needs help occasionally and this is a time where I'd be getting it- too much to tackle on your own.
100% it is.

I've explored all options regarding funding help, it seems that because I work full time, and my wife has a private pension scheme, then that means we do not qualify for any government financial help with regards to the necessary construction at home.

The NHS will be sourcing and providing ICU trained nurses who will be at home 24 * 7, but in shifts, not living here. The NHS will also provide whatever equipment is necessary.
This will all be part of the overall package of care as they call it.
Its very apparent, things do not move fast in the NHS, especially in such a small place as Northern Ireland, because the trust where Ann is now is not the trust where home is, so she needs to be relocated to a different trust for funding/sourcing of nurses etc.
Its all rather a bit of a shambles as they are so disorganised its nearly laughable

So sorry to hear of your wife's condition. My best wishes to you and your family in getting her home.

Exciting day yesterday, first outing of many I hope.
The NISTAR guys were fantastic, they kept themselves out of the way, but always had sight of us.
There were two if them, one consultant and then a specially trained nurse.
We said to them that they're a bit like the secret service when the president is out and about

Guys,
A local business is organising a special cars and coffee.
I know you are all most likely on the mainland, but if you can think of suitable prizes which could be offered up, please say.
The raffles are being opened up for those that cannot attend.
I could do tickets if people want to donate to the just giving page and send me a screenshot of it for those that can’t attend?
240D9101-E52E-433A-B8B5-5E05C00F7EB9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom