My "Work in Progress" 2001 CLK320....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MangoMan

MB Enthusiast
Car
2001 W208 CLK320 Coupe Almandine-Black. (Looks Purple-ish).
Well, over the last few days since I bought the car late last month I have fitted an aftermarket Headunit and got it to work................... Eventually!

The car interior was really very dirty so have spent a good deal of time cleaning that - the rags became so full of grime I just chucked them! Anyway, the interior is looking a lot better now! Strange thing was is that it didn't smell at all - thank goodness!!! :)

Also gave the Engine bay a bit of a clean - still more to do though, especially the Wiper Fluid Reservoir. Is it easy to remove I wonder??? I know the older Models it was.....

Haven't bothered too much with the exterior for now other than a £16 Wash at the local Tesco Hand Car Wash - I find them very good to be honest!

Needs a bit of work, some nasty touch-ups here and there to be sorted. The wheels, although 18" Staggered AMG IV's they have been neglected badly - a great shame! :(

Also need to sort out the nearside headlight - faded a bit. The Driver's side appears new(ish).

Some pics:

rbnNDY6.jpg

tTJ9mfp.jpg

mBxqIAw.jpg

V3jEHRI.jpg

Uy9zmgT.jpg

ojsIUMK.jpg

Still some way to go before I get it 'up to scratch' - or thereabouts.

They are nice bright bulbs:thumb:

The Water Reservoir looking much better after a good seeing to!

Also changed the horrible looking Aluminium Inlet for a black plastic one.... ;)

mTdzLjN.jpg

ojsIUMK.jpg

Still some way to go before I get it 'up to scratch' - or thereabouts.

Very nice looking car - and from a classic era in my view.

And wish we could switch back to user selectable (DIN) units. Mind you, I love the CarPlay Audible APP in my A5, so shouldn't complain really.

Thanks Patagonian. ;)

Did a Flush, Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air Filter & Cabin Filter today seeing as the sun was out in all its glory! It's one of the first things I do when I purchase a car, irrespective of the Service Records... ;)

Definitely one of the easiest cars to do this on! Also fitted a "Fleece" Oil Filter rather than a plain Paper Element Filter. They look quite different and are suppose to be far superior, and it came with all the new rubber 'O' Rings.

UCqua6y.jpg

I got a shock when I removed the Cabin Filter though - it must have been in there a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnng time!
Just take a look and the crud that came out of the Housing!

fZENrK7.jpg

zkZLTkM.jpg

ydpRdQ7.jpg

Very common for garages not to change this, hence I bought the Cabin Filter even before I had looked at it. This car had an 'A' Service by a reputable local garage in Feb '17 but obviously this was not changed even though it is in the Schedule! Does make you wonder...???

The Air Filter was quite black for only 10 months and 5000+ miles...

5hdiqCM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom