Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
My W210 E55 went in for an ATF change yesterday....................and WTF they did this to it on the test drive after! :mad:amg crash 001.jpg

Attachments

• amg crash 003.jpg
    amg crash 003.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,654
I'm gutted, only had it less than a year and just done mods on the exhaust etc., was just going through jobs that needed doing.......ie the ATF change!

I have a loaner (a very old 190E) - and they're claiming on their insurance. Its being having insurance assesser look on Monday.

But having looked at it today, it looks like wing, inner wing, bonnet, bumper, 1 x xenon plus various other bits and bobs.

Not sure if they may even write it off as its 1998?? (80k miles)

Mark

I'm gutted, only had it less than a year and just done mods on the exhaust etc., was just going through jobs that needed doing.......ie the ATF change!

I have a loaner (a very old 190E) - and they're claiming on their insurance. Its being having insurance assesser look on Monday.

But having looked at it today, it looks like wing, inner wing, bonnet, bumper, 1 x xenon plus various other bits and bobs.

Not sure if they may even write it off as its 1998?? (80k miles)

Mark

Write off...no...you argue with them if they suggest that that you want it put back the way it was. Unless they offer you enough to buy another one.

Was Stevie Wonder driving ?

That's sickening.

Get them to replace the lights on the opposite side as well, so it all matches.

Hope you get this sorted to your liking.

Chris

I'd be wanting it back as they got it and in the mean time an equivalent loan car... As its their insurance and accident make them pay to keep you happy...

Write off...no...you argue with them if they suggest that that you want it put back the way it was. Unless they offer you enough to buy another one.
I'm hoping not - would prefer to repair. It didn't look bent underneath/suspension, although I've not driven it.

Like you said, would only agree if they offer enough to buy another.

Will have to see what they say Monday

Its worse than I thought, I didn't notice its actually on top of another car.:crazy::crazy:

That's sickening.

Chris
Hadn't thought of that - but will make sure mention it to them on Monday..........price is going up for them!

I can't handle the thought of getting a small ding in the door when my car goes into a garage - so I really feel for you !

If its a write off, can't you buy it from them back for peanuts and with the insurance money put it back together?
I heard some do this?

That's sickening.

Chris

They won't be up for that.

It will just get written off.

If OP is really lucky they might let him buy it back.

They won't be up for that.

It will just get written off.

If OP is really lucky they might let him buy it back.
I had wondered if they would write off and allow me to buy back...........but no from a repairing it myself angle, but, more to break and sell off.

I'm sure I could sell the engine/box etc

I thought the only insurance that can write off your vehicle is your own insurance? As the garage will be claiming off their insurance they are obligated to return the vehicle to the condition it was in before you took it in there. Did I get that wrong?

I thought the only insurance that can write off your vehicle is your own insurance? As the garage will be claiming off their insurance they are obligated to return the vehicle to the condition it was in before you took it in there. Did I get that wrong?

Any insurance company can write off a car - if they so choose, there's no way they can be forced to repair it if they deem the repair to be uneconomic.

I had wondered if they would write off and allow me to buy back...........but no from a repairing it myself angle, but, more to break and sell off.

I'm sure I could sell the engine/box etc

Will there be much of a market for the bits on Jersey?

If you are allowed to buy it back, it might be a better plan to get it repaired using second hand parts.

Although it might be cheaper/quicker to bring it to the mainland to be repaired.

Any insurance company can write off a car - if they so choose, there's no way they can be forced to repair it if they deem the repair to be uneconomic.
I'm not sure, but I guess you could be correct.

I think it will be a pretty long list of parts - and as they are going to be expensive when added to parts and painting, who knows could be thousands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom