Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That told me!:doh:
Now wheres that humble pie?:eek::eek:

Seeing as though I, along with certain others, have been proven to be right and the more vociferous been proven WRONG, I take this back.

What a read.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your car. I hope it is repaired to your satisfaction.

Thanks to Rothbury for posting details of the relevant case law. It always surprises me when it is assumed there is a right or wrong answer. In this situation even the subordinate judges opinion was different to the appeal court judges. I haven't gone back to read their conclusions but have you wondered why there is always an odd number of judges, quite often there is a dissenting opinion. The majority decision holds it doesn't have to be an unanimous decision.

Why some posters got their knickers in a twist and resigned from the forum is beyond me, I like a lively debate and will on occasion take an opposing stance. I find it helps to draw out the reasons why an opinion is formed.

I'm staggered to read that the Fire Brigade charges can be so high for an RTA call out. At those rates they could be making a healthy profit and we could all be getting a reduction in our taxes!

Thanks for a good read.

I'm staggered to read that the Fire Brigade charges can be so high for an RTA call out. At those rates they could be making a healthy profit and we could all be getting a reduction in our taxes!

Now you know why there's always 3 fire engines at all the trivial motorway crashes.

Bad luck if your house is burning down though and the greedy firemen are messing about cutting the roof of a car with a cracked bumper because some chancer is pretending to have a sore neck...

Looking forward to seeing pics of your car. I hope it is repaired to your satisfaction.

Thanks to Rothbury for posting details of the relevant case law. It always surprises me when it is assumed there is a right or wrong answer. In this situation even the subordinate judges opinion was different to the appeal court judges. I haven't gone back to read their conclusions but have you wondered why there is always an odd number of judges, quite often there is a dissenting opinion. The majority decision holds it doesn't have to be an unanimous decision.

Why some posters got their knickers in a twist and resigned from the forum is beyond me, I like a lively debate and will on occasion take an opposing stance. I find it helps to draw out the reasons why an opinion is formed.

Thanks for a good read.

Nice to see that at least someone bothered to read it! I think that others' prejudice against solicitors probably got the better of them!
Yes i agree about the resignation (s). You'd think that Dash 1 with all his qualifications should have been able to take the heat!

Now you know why there's always 3 fire engines at all the trivial motorway crashes.

Bad luck if your house is burning down though and the greedy firemen are messing about cutting the roof of a car with a cracked bumper because some chancer is pretending to have a sore neck...

I used to think that's what the cut the car up so readily, I now realise it's to justify their presence there so they can keep over-charging the insurance companies.

Everytime I like to cheer up,I`ll come and read the tags on this thread :D

That's awful! I'm very precious about my cars. I suffer anxiety when they're road tested for their annual inspections. Aside from when they're being serviced, that's the only time anybody else drives any of my cars.

Years ago Dad sent a car in for it's very first service and it was actually written off during the test drive. I can't remember if they rolled it or if someone rolled their car into ours but certainly something was rolled, I remember that much!

That's awful! I'm very precious about my cars. I suffer anxiety when they're road tested for their annual inspections. Aside from when they're being serviced, that's the only time anybody else drives any of my cars.

Years ago Dad sent a car in for it's very first service and it was actually written off during the test drive. I can't remember if they rolled it or if someone rolled their car into ours but certainly something was rolled, I remember that much!

The Australian equivalent of the MOT involves a road test ?? !!!!!

Brake tests etc here are carried out on a 'rolling road' which every test station must have .

The Australian equivalent of the MOT involves a road test ?? !!!!!

Brake tests etc here are carried out on a 'rolling road' which every test station must have .

It does in NSW at least. Not only that, but they run around your car with a trolley jack and lift it at various points and check for worn ball joints and the like. I stand over them and watch every movement like a hawk. One false move and I'm ready to pounce! :devil:

It does in NSW at least. Not only that, but they run around your car with a trolley jack and lift it at various points and check for worn ball joints and the like. I stand over them and watch every movement like a hawk. One false move and I'm ready to pounce! :devil:

That sounds like our tests used to be 50 years ago, now we have 4 post ramps with jacking beams and instead of the Tapley G force on-road brake tester we use rollers and individual wheel meters.

That sounds like our tests used to be 50 years ago, now we have 4 post ramps with jacking beams and instead of the Tapley G force on-road brake tester we use rollers and individual wheel meters.

We'll catch up one of these days. :cool:

Saw one at a boot fayre a short while ago £20!!!

Is it still a VOSA regulation that an MOT station must still carry one as a back up? Any one?

DC

Is it still a VOSA regulation that an MOT station must still carry one as a back up? Any one?

DC

I doubt it as the rollers test each wheel and are foolproof. They don't need a backup as the risk is that they can't perform the tests, so don't get paid.

DC

Yes it is... We have one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom