My Youtube Channel - KillerHERTZ Mercedes Modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Hi Guys,

As some of you will be aware/have seen my signature link, I have started adding content to my Youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/killerhertzmercedes

I have bitten the bullet and started talking on the video's now. Its not as easy as it looks talking to a camera/listening to your own voice etc - They are a bit cringy & geeky :D

Anyway, had some positive feedback so will continue.

My question to you guys is, what type of content would you like to see? The recent Photobucket switch off has made it apparent that my 10+ years of modification threads are no longer visible.

Would you like to see video's such as removing/replacing parts? modifications from my old cars?

Or something like a review of a car? - I am in talks to loan a new model for a weekend so can review it from my local MB Dealership

The channel is in its infancy at the moment with poor camerawork and a narrater who isnt yet comfy infront of the camera but this will change in time :)

I look forward to your comments/suggestions and would appreciate if you subscribed :thumb:

Recent videos
How to change COMAND Logo

CLK W209 Dashboard Facelift

Hella Daytime Running Lights Mod

AMG Badge Front Grill Mod

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Full list of videos:

KillerHERTZ Mercedes Modifications

And again, if you would like to support the channel, please subscribe :D

If they are the worse thing you have ever seen, also let me know :)

Last edited:
Credit to you for doing it/them Karl.

FYI: Just my preference and not a reference to your stye or video's.

Many who do these 'how to' clips. Spend way to much time in waffle mode and not enough time in actually imparting the vital bit you need to know. Then you get the people who forget to mention that the little cap will unleash thirty springs and a bag of ball bearings as soon as you touch it.

On working on my wife's BMW and my 124 I have found some absolutely cracking video's that are short, to the point and actually do warn in advance that that cap will explode etc.

One guy was brilliant in pointing out by undoing one last screw the entire front bumper will without warning drop on the deck and ruin your paint, so be ready with a helper.

Anyway. Well done you for having a go. Feel free to practice by taking my 124 apart and putting it back together again. I will hold the camera.

Thanks for the feedback!

I know exactly what you mean, loads of detail on one part, but not how you get to that bit :D

Ill bare it in mind for the next one.

How to ones Karl!

A review one would be good also?

Why not do a review on your current CLS55? I'm sure that would give you plenty to talk about

Seem fine to me.

Interesting one on the logo - I changed mine to the AMG W211 but had no idea if I tried one of the other ones I would need to re-flash it!

Similar to Bruce, not interested in waffle.

Straight to the point...

I hate the sound of my own voice so I couldn't do them!

Subscribed, some good videos

I just started making videos of my projects/cars and never really progressed from there.

I now have over 100 subscribers! thank you all for your support.

Still early days and my videos are still a bit ropey, the production aspect will get better once ive mastered Adobe Premier. Also I will soon (hopefully) be getting some brand new cars to review / feature!

Future videos planned
-Detailed CLK W209 Dashboard total facelift (im actually working on a forum members car this weekend and filming it)
-55 Kompressor Belt Tensioner replacement

Couple of new videos ive created:

W209 CLK - Complete Dashboard Facelift: (

W202 C-Class - Removal/Replace front Grill - From my 2004 thread on here, but with my narration over it: :)

Upto 140+ Subscribers so far, one of my videos is on 27k views and another on 24k...!

As before, any feedback / suggestions / ideas appreciated :D

Excellent videos as always Karl :banana:

As before, any feedback / suggestions / ideas appreciated :D

I will share this idea of mine with you only. It is a bit of sheer brilliance.

How about you start each video with:

You, in a fat suit, going round to some "strangers" house.
You take their extremely rare and valuable car (they will not know just how rare and valuable the car is) out for a test drive.
On the test drive you invent some imaginary faults to add to the very real but very fixable faults.
You go back to the strangers house and (with no haggle) get the price down to pennies.

Next scene. You are now out of the fat suit and have let off some industrial fireworks in your hair.
You work your "magic" and laugh your way through a shed load of local Car Factors who all fall for your charms and give you parts at less than cost price, with some even throwing free labor time and skills.

Final Scene: You sell the car to:............. Wait for it............... The original owner who sold it to you. Not only that........ You make a mahoosive profit in the process.

This could be a winner format here..

I’d really like to see a video of you changing the n/s seat belt presenter, facelift vents and facelift Comand surround on an a207 EClass Cab. I have a donor vehicle and all parts that I’m prepared to let you use for the purpose ;-)

I’d really like to see a video of you changing the n/s seat belt presenter, facelift vents and facelift Comand surround on an a207 EClass Cab. I have a donor vehicle and all parts that I’m prepared to let you use for the purpose ;-)

Just had a quick Google, that doesnt look too bad, not tempted to have a go yourself?

Just had a quick Google, that doesnt look too bad, not tempted to have a go yourself?

The only thing I’m worried about is the vent removal - I really don’t want to break any trim and you’re apparently supposed to remove the wood dash trim to get the vents off.

they bare all very helpful. any how too's on the 55k engine upgrades ...intercooler , IC pump, pulleys etc. But great stuff. What did we do before youtube.......oh yes spent lots more money or f....d it up!

Subscribed! Watched most of your videos...they are good!

I did a road trip vlog last summer which involved some of me talking. Again, felt unnatural but it captured the moment and I’m glad I did it. Just go for it...it’s only the interweb after all!

I had a go at filming myself onscreen, yuk! never again - Ill stick to voice overs I think from now on :)

Subscribed! Watched most of your videos...they are good!

I did a road trip vlog last summer which involved some of me talking. Again, felt unnatural but it captured the moment and I’m glad I did it. Just go for it...it’s only the interweb after all!

New video I have uploaded. Im trying to get to grips with Adobe Premier - managed to figure out a few different things like adding a watermark, having voice over etc. :D :D :D

Rest of my videos here: www.youtube.com/user/karlkillerhertz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom