MY2013 SPORTS PLUS - ticking noise coming from exhaust??normal??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dresho

Car
2013 c class amg sports plus coupe obsidian black with amg black alloys
hi there i hope the more experienced members on the thread can help me here - ive noticed after parking that a hear a sort of 'ticking' noise coming from car when ive stepped outside the car - i listen carefully and sounds like its coming from the exhaust - last for about a minute - almost as of the car is cooling down and stops - didn't notice this before can anyone advise why this is and if so how to rectify this - sorry if ts something simple - when it comes to repairing people im great - cars ..well not so good !

thankyou for your time

Last edited:
It is perfectly normal, the metal of the exhaust expands as it is heated and contracts as it cools, there will be many other components that are following the same process and the metallic ticking noise is probably coming from a number of sources.

I should think that it's no more than different metals and other materials cooling at different speeds, having expanded whilst the engine has been running. Rubbing against each other as they cool will cause the "ticking".

It is perfectly normal, the metal of the exhaust expands as it is heated and contracts as it cools, there will be many other components that are following the same process and the metallic ticking noise is probably coming from a number of sources.

cheers thanks - id just never noticed it that in my audi previously and the car prior to that so was unsure if this was normla but this is my first merc - and with all the threads re c class rattles etc wondered if this may be another underlying problem - cheers for taking time to respond :thumb:

I need to type faster. DSM beat me to it. Fortunately we came up with the same answer.

I need to type faster. DSM beat me to it. Fortunately we came up with the same answer.

ha appreciate your help to mate !any reassurance is welcome lol - glad wasn't a need for a trip to the stealership! have already booked in next week for them to put my new door pins and bonnet badge on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom