Mystery W124 M103 vacuum hose - can anyone help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kenny124

Car
W124 TE300
Help required! I have found a vacuum hose which leads to nowhere. It's on the nearside of the underbonnet area and feeds through the bulkhead panel into the area where the battery sits. The hose is not connected to anything at one end but is joined to a vacuum block (?) at the other. Please see the pics which might help - last photo shows the vacuum block in situ and pushed into the grommet of the battery bulkhead. The other two pics show the hose pulled through into the engine area.. I cannot find any suitable point to connect the blank end to - nothing looks to be missing a hose. Can anyone help? When the engine is running there is no vacuum at the hose blank end.
upload_2019-10-14_20-6-26.png
upload_2019-10-14_20-7-1.pngupload_2019-10-14_20-8-0.png

Would that fit to the breather part thats in the inner wing ,just look down the side of passengers inner wing .I think i have a picture i will look .My picture files are to big and wont up load .See the x11 in you picture its to the right of that only more to the front on the inner wing

I'll be working on the car later today and will have a look at the breather in the inner wing area. I had the battery out yesterday and spotted the hose end just dangling in space. I think I have a link to the online manual and will check that later. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, the hose should have been connected to the breather bottle/filter thing. There was a rubber angled connector which had split and the hose obviously pulled out and back through the inner wing. Photo attached. Hose now replaced with a new connector and all back together. By the way, the engine now seems to idle smoother - this might be my imagination but it does seem that way. Thanks for your help.upload_2019-10-14_19-55-26.png

This one i have was never garaged in its whole life . Untill i came to me [as a gift] .But i have spent more than i would like to,, if i was only to reckon up all the bills i have 66845902_2331265366939723_2371282891872141312_n.jpg i could have purchased a new car . This is like so many of us Mercedes lovers .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom