Mystery water disappearance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoff01

Car
E Class 350 SPT CDI BLUECY 264 A. DIESEL AUTOMATIC
Coolant level keeps dropping...New cap ...still dropping...Pressure tessted, no signs of leaks or water stains...any suggestions before I buy a new coolant bottle. Thanks

plastic water pump failure common fault

Very small leak when engine hot but tint coolant leak gets evaporated by hot engine component so does not actually show up as a liquid under the car.

Had exactly this on a non MB car , it showed itself during an MOT when the engine was running during the test, small whisp of steam spotted coming from a tiny leak dripping on to hot components.

Pressure test when engine is at running temperature?
Hi , i arrived the garage 10 mile drive there and straight into the bay, and he waited for a while to open cap as engine was at running temp. Thank you

plastic water pump failure common fault
I did buy a new one, and someone suggested maybe the cap was faulty, so sent it back.....I have now ordered and new one. Thank you

Very small leak when engine hot but tint coolant leak gets evaporated by hot engine component so does not actually show up as a liquid under the car.

Had exactly this on a non MB car , it showed itself during an MOT when the engine was running during the test, small whisp of steam spotted coming from a tiny leak dripping on to hot components.
I will have someone have a look as you mentioned. As said nothing visible re water, no staining or crystallisation of water. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom