Nürburgring Nordschleife Lap Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Apologies for the delay in getting the photos uploaded, I have been completely renovating my bathroom by myself! + Photobucket is appallingly slow these days?!?

August 2016.

Cambridge to the Nurburgring, via Ferry from Dover to Dunkirk. I managed the entire trip on 1 tank of fuel, 460 miles (plus another 20 or so, getting lost/looking for places to eat etc). Amazing I thought for the car!

0_zps8ykfzflw.jpg

So, as you can see we left early, left around 4:50am to catch the 10am Ferry.
2_zpsoam0dzsz.jpg

Ferry was around 2hours, fairly boring! - Seeya later Englandshire!
3_zpsrlk6ydq7.jpg

So, over in France the first time I have ever driven abroad, junctions were a total headache for the first 10mins then strangely you get used to it. French Motorways speed limits seem to change every half mile - 50 - 70 - 40- 80 - 50.
4_zpstvm6hlbm.jpg

Fast forward 3 hours until we enter Germany. I have never seen such smooth, litter free, non-pot holed roads. we actually played 'Eye-Spy' looking for litter. Amazing. puts us to shame.
4a_zpsbyd0bb0t.jpg

Wasnt long until evidence of the Promised land started to show in the rear view mirror:
5_zpsesewwfub.jpg

Aware of the time, the rush was now on to get there in time for the 'Touristenfahrten' - 5pm - 7pm. Car was reporting we would get there for 6:10pm.

As the video I posted earlier in the thread mentions, the Nordshlefe (North loop) entrance is about 4miles away from the actual Nurburgring entrance. and we had to drive past the main complex:
7a_zpscnvupzox.jpg

7b_zpsz3iyde6s.jpg

Adrenalin is starting to pump now:
7c_zpsr23tqckn.jpg

The famous triple tunnel/bridge - anyone visiting here, windows down, rev your engine sounds amazing!
7d_zpsgdupn69l.jpg

We arrive in the carpark, leg it into the office as its 6:40 and time isnt on our side. The staff tell me that the track has just been closed due to a large crash. The weekend prior to my visit 2 guys were killed when there car hit another that had crashed. Suddenly things start hitting home that you dont mess around on the Green Hell...:eek:

7e_zpsqneurfdp.jpg

Without a track to drive on, we had a look around the various carparks at the carp0rn:

IMG_7262_zpsao5so2yy.jpg

IMG_7265_zpsd86riknp.jpg

IMG_7266_zps6aw6u6rx.jpg

IMG_7267_zpshx13tgoj.jpg

IMG_7268_zpswjxamqmg.jpg

IMG_7270_zpsspblvqx4.jpg

IMG_7271_zpsofbqissf.jpg

IMG_7272_zpssccwcdcm.jpg

IMG_7274_zpssbw2emyu.jpg

IMG_7275_zps06zv6znj.jpg

IMG_7281_zpssxmi7pyv.jpg

Yes, this really is a W204 C63 AMG with a towbar cut into the Diffuser:
IMG_7282_zpseqpaml8b.jpg

IMG_7286_zpsut1z8gg0.jpg

IMG_7287_zpsdmq4yd0f.jpg

IMG_7289_zpslkdfp3mt.jpg

IMG_7291_zpseybd2swy.jpg

IMG_7294_zpsorjxvmb5.jpg

IMG_7297_zpscbuji4px.jpg

My car sort-of fit in, apart from being huge compared to everything else there! ;)
IMG_7263_zps2nwlprtj.jpg

IMG_7300_zpsw81qjpkz.jpg

My other half has a Hyundai and was amazed to see this there:
IMG_7245_zpstespq7hz.jpg

Then off to look for a Hotel, not before passing the main entrance complex:

IMG_7302_zpsceabcvzo.jpg

IMG_7306_zpsivsfwsqa.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone must take a photo of your car by the sign. I had no idea it was that large however!
IMG_7308_zpsispq9zil.jpg

IMG_7313_zpsyj0ieksx.jpg

IMG_7317_zps1yae94jp.jpg

Then somthing you dont see everyday. A G55 AMG towing a SLS AMG - Only at the 'Ring:
IMG_7323_zpsm95tjwvn.jpg

IMG_7326_zps1tumjyhk.jpg

IMG_7325_zpsagnwpzph.jpg

IMG_7327_zpsfs80w0sp.jpg

IMG_7329_zpslbjtbzbn.jpg

IMG_7333_zpsjtxhv37x.jpg

Back to the hotel to have a 1ltr glass of BitBurger (standard size to the right):
IMG_7336_zpsufptyj9v.jpg

Following evening after a full day of torrential rain:

Ticket purchased, 10mins before opening time the queues were building:
8_zpstelvbbbt.jpg

8b_zpsywdju4cx.jpg

Off we go, at this point I have brown trousers. I have read the horror stories of £40k bills when you crash, added to which standing water everywhere.
8c_zpst7ninpph.jpg

8d_zps84h7jixn.jpg

8d_zps84h7jixn.jpg

Instantly it becomes apparent, ignore everything you know about the Video game versions, the dips and height changes are immense. you constantly feel the same as in a lift when it drops, a sense of weightlessness. Think a rollercoster.

8f_zpsmon0tzig.jpg

8j_zps8k3ve7w0.jpg

8h_zpsrbilftka.jpg

Yep, thats right I was overtaken by a Pink Suzuki Swift :( (it was kitted out with roll cage etc)
8i_zpsbcksnp7r.jpg

A good example of the height differences:
8m_zpsundq2rmf.jpg

8p_zps6givfr2r.jpg

8n_zps5yp4fz2r.jpg

8l_zps2r8nnkyr.jpg

The Carousel!
IMG_7417_zpse3ihatqi.jpg

8r_zpsxihs5c0d.jpg

8t_zpsucyyd9ih.jpg

8n_zps5yp4fz2r.jpg.html

8o_zpsvxcsslnw.jpg

RS6 Wagon:
8u_zps4e618jth.jpg

8v_zps6sapwqpj.jpg

8w_zpsmi1erkod.jpg

This GT3 RS was out of the loudest cars ive ever heard:
8x_zpsbpyyovmv.jpg

Lap complete and I didnt crash!
8y_zps4kndbypf.jpg

8k_zpsdlwbemyr.jpg

Parked up at the Ring Cafe:
8z_zpstydre6g8.jpg

8z1_zpslzohr9c1.jpg

So, completed a lap without crashing. Had a great time even if my lap was very slow - I reckon about 13mins. standing water everywhere, im no racing driver. I managed 110Mph on some of the straighter sections, however the corners I was looking at around 50Mph. One thing is for sure, the CLS55 is no track car! far to heavy :)

Should anyone go into the Ring cafe, ive marked the wall, high up between the gents & ladies toilet doors:

IMG_20160802_175346_zpszylkgnui.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos, did that Renault twingo 'ave you in the end?:):)

Cheers!

Im afraid to say I didnt manage to overtake anything. I was trying too hard not to crash :)

Im afraid to say I didnt manage to overtake anything. I was trying too hard not to crash :)
I felt the same way on the first track day I went to. - I started by trying to keep out of the other drivers way, sure I was slowing them down...

...but before too long I was trying to chase down Porsches (and failing).

Thanks for taking the time to post - great photos of a great trip. One of things on my bucket list!

First rule is to get back safe - too many people on a track suddenly think they are Lewis Hamilton when they really are not!

Good post and really enjoyable. There was me thinking you were taking the pictures!

Awesome! Great read [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers!

Sounds like the best way to be!!

Enjoy the drive, car stays in one piece, you get epic photos of your car too. Win win.

Well done for the pics. & information on the ring.
Really fancy having a go, but at 78 time is passing by.
Either I take my 320E or my MGTF160 next year.
Like you, will just plan to survive, as I know I will be one of the slowest on track.

Just thought I'd share this as my other car is an Alfa.

It would be interesting to see how the Gulia performs against a C63, comments like one will still have all its parts or not break down excepted.

Paul

Attachments

• image-475996259.jpg
    image-475996259.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
Come back to this thread for another read , very very inspired i just have to have the balls to take mine around the ring, you mind me asking how much the ferry was? Sean

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Good post and really enjoyable. There was me thinking you were taking the pictures!

Nope, I was doing all the driving :D

Ferry was about £80 each way IIRC, however it was at the start of August so id imaging now would be cheaper.

That seems quite reasonable. - I'm sure I pay that much to go to the IOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom