N/S Mirror adjustment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Now the weather looks to be on the up, its time I sorted my n/s wing mirror out. Last summer I was convinced that the master control switch for mirror adjustment on the drivers armrest was at fault, so I got a replacement and fitted it.
It was a pain to get the unit out due to very limited access, but after replacing it, I still cannot adjust the passenger side wing mirror from the drivers seat.
Nothing moves, although before I switched it off in the convenience menu, the mirrors both folded. I realise that is probably not connected with what I now question, is my drivers door control module faulty?

I don't have test equipment and I'm too dumb to test electrickery faults anyway. So my question is, could a faulty door control module be the reason I cannot adjust the n/s mirror from the drivers switch?
I assume, should I need one that its a simple job to change them over?

Oh, one last point. I'm experiencing the battery going flat after 4/5 days of non use. Could this be connected to the module as well?

Too late to edit my post, but I am having a senior moment:doh:

I meant to post it was the passenger side electric window I couldn't operate from the switch, not the mirror, although to be fair, that doesn't work either.:wallbash:

Any suggestions welcome:D

Just to close this for anyone having similar problems. A replacement drivers door control module has stopped the drain. 6 days unused and just started with no battery convenience function message displayed and 12.3v showing before starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom