N95 & SAP Cradle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
I upgraded the firmware on my N95 and the lock onto SAP and phone book availability time has halved plus (dont ask) the range it finds the car has increased, so much so i have to turn the btooth OFF when I go in the house as it stays on remote sim !!! :crazy:

WARNING - a firmware update loses you all your phonebook and text messages not stored on the sim

I upgraded the firmware on my N95 and the lock onto SAP and phone book availability time has halved plus (dont ask) the range it finds the car has increased, so much so i have to turn the btooth OFF when I go in the house as it stays on remote sim !!! :crazy:

WARNING - a firmware update loses you all your phonebook and text messages not stored on the sim

Well, if you read all the small text, or even the big text, they say you should take a backup to maintain all the data that would get lost at the update.

The BT range sounds odd but depending on the car, you could have an easy option to disconnect the BT connection first before leaving the car. If you then close the doors, the phone would not connect to with the car once the car has entered sleep mode. Odd anyway when my garage is not far from my house and I don't have this problem (but quite a few have reported they do have the same problem).

I didnt lose data it was a general observation to others as its a killer mistake

My garage is actually in the house (under my bedroom) BUT it was never an issue before the upgrade - thinking about it the faster lg on to sap may be because it starts logging on sooner ??

my nokia 6300 stays connected up to about 20ft. and seems to logon to the sap as soon as the car is unlocked. I had an N95 but made the switch to iphone. should have stayed with the nokia.

Firmware update? What's that involve?

I just updated the software on my N96 (via the Nokis website). Menu selections are quicker now and bluetooth connectivity much better :)

I didn't loose any contacts or messages

BTW if you want the SAP to release the phone quicker create a contact entry on your phone called "Run-on time" (no quotes) and give it a number corresponding to the run-on time you want, between 1 min and 10min. Resync with the car and Hey-presto! :)

and seems to logon to the sap as soon as the car is unlocked.

To be accurate, when you open the door. If you just unlock the car (but don't open doors), the phone would not connect (at least not with my W221), after a while the doors lock again and the phone remains disconnected.

In practise just about the same, one would almost always anyway open the doors immediately after unlocking the car.

Do you happen to know what version you installed?
If not; could you key *#0000# into your keypad and find out please?
My N95 bluetooth is all but useless but according to Nokia's website I am on the latest version.

My N95 bluetooth is all but useless but according to Nokia's website I am on the latest version.

Where from the Nokia site did you get the iSW info? Or do you mean that the SW update application reported you would have the latest SW? In this case it could be that there is no later SW for an operator branded phone while an non-branded model would have a later one.

v 21.0.016 it says

Thanks DS, mine has same version but Bluetooth is useless.
Can't wait until the year is up so I can change it.

The phone must be faulty if BT does not work properly.

By the way, I just updated my son's N95 to SW version V30.0.0.15, date 15-07-08.

The phone must be faulty if BT does not work properly.

By the way, I just updated my son's N95 to SW version V30.0.0.15, date 15-07-08.

With mine the BT just wont pair automatically so I have to manually pair it every time I get in the car.
Even then it won’t always pair unless you do everything in the correct order.
It's damn frustrating, especially of you remember to pair it, stop for a paper and then drive off on a long journey having forgotten to pair it again!

When I googled it I found it to be a common problem and Nokia tend to blame the other piece of kit. In my case my BT car kit. The car kit has worked fine on the past with every other handset.

I have read dozens of threads on several forums and others have tried replacement handsets with to no avail.

Mine is the N95 not the N95-8GB; I think V30 is for the 8GB only.

With mine the BT just wont pair automatically so I have to manually pair it every time I get in the car.
Even then it won’t always pair unless you do everything in the correct order.
It's damn frustrating, especially of you remember to pair it, stop for a paper and then drive off on a long journey having forgotten to pair it again!

When I googled it I found it to be a common problem and Nokia tend to blame the other piece of kit. In my case my BT car kit. The car kit has worked fine on the past with every other handset.

I have read dozens of threads on several forums and others have tried replacement handsets with to no avail.

Mine is the N95 not the N95-8GB; I think V30 is for the 8GB only.

Isn't the 8GB version the later one? My son has the early one, I should have written down the exact phone version too, it is shown along with the SW info.

I have used pretty many different Nokia phones and none have had the problem that they would not connect automatically. I have not even had temporary failures more than a couple of times over more than two years (combined to all phones I've used).

Are you sure you have allowed the car to connect automatically? From your phone's BT menu you should set the MB phone adapter "authorised".

Isn't the 8GB version the later one? My son has the early one, I should have written down the exact phone version too, it is shown along with the SW info.

I have used pretty many different Nokia phones and none have had the problem that they would not connect automatically. I have not even had temporary failures more than a couple of times over more than two years (combined to all phones I've used).

Are you sure you have allowed the car to connect automatically? From your phone's BT menu you should set the MB phone adapter "authorised".

Sorry, I should have stated mine is not an MB BT kit. It's a motorola car kit.
I have set it to authorised on the handset and the kit does search for it when the car is started and the phone is always BT visible.
They just wont connect. In fact I have to set the phone to search before I turn the key otherwise they wont connect at all.
If I scan after the key is turned the handset just says it is unable to create the bluetooth connection.

My car kit is getting on a bit now but the BT protocols should be compatible.

I have set it to authorised on the handset and the kit does search for it when the car is started and the phone is always BT visible.
They just wont connect. In fact I have to set the phone to search before I turn the key otherwise they wont connect at all.
If I scan after the key is turned the handset just says it is unable to create the bluetooth connection.

I see, it must be a compatibility issue then. I cannot say if it is the phone or the car kit but I've seen mentioned that the BT implementation from Motorola is very specific, that is why there is a BT cradle for Motorola phones only. But then again, aren't Motorola phones working OK with the MB BT HF adapter?

By the way, I checked the N95 SW info, it would read V30.0.015, 15-07-08 and RM-159.

n96 compatibility

Hello guys,
I am having a problem conecting my Nokia N96 with my SAP V2 to my car w203 2005.I manage to get to the point where I put the 16-digit to my phone but when I enter the buttom to sent it back to my car and I get that discending melody which means no connection.Does anyone has the solution for my problem,please.
thanks

1. Are you sure you have entered the code correctly? It is easy to mis-key any one of the 16 digits, especially if yo suffer from fat finger syndrome, like me.
2. Are you entering the code within 20 seconds? If it takes longer than this the setting will drop for security reasons.

I see, I have to admit that I've never tried any Motorola BT kit and I agree that BT should be compatible between manufacturers. But wasn't there even a Motorola "BT cradle" that only works with Motorola phones (even over BT)? Or was that something similar to the iPhone cradle that connects over BT (except the external antenna and power) but only works when the phone is placed on the cradle?

A pity if you cannot find any solution that makes the connection automatic (or at least an easy way to initialise the connection).

Doh, don't I know it!!! and it's the 2nd time i've done that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom