Nail in New Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
So a month ago I got a nail in the rear passenger tyre. Tyre was about a month away from needing changing any way so not the end of the world.

Today the TPMS has gone off to alert me to a low tyre. Exact same tyre was down 0.5 bar.

Having checked there is a lare nail stuck through it in almost the exact same place. I am as you would expect livid. I have only done 2500 miles on it.

I park in a multi-storey next to a building site and both nails have happened since the building site opened. Only nails in years of motoring. I suspect no coincidence but can't prove it. I have complained twice to the local council already about them spilling out materials onto the road. I just can't prove they are the cause of the nail so expect I have no claim.

Off to garage in morning to see if it can be repaired. It is in the last bit of full thickness tread before a groove after which the curve into the tyre wall slowly begins. It is on flat tyre and a thick part so hoping a repair is possible.

Does anyone know the rules on whether a repair is allowed and whether this sounds like it would be?

Thanks in advance.

The joys of car ownership!!

Should be OK as it's not on the shoulder. Even then it can be hot vulcanised.

Dont take it in quick fit they say they cannot repair it, to anything.

There are two MB workshops in Sheffield. Both only charge £10 per repair so off to them both to see who can fit me in first thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom