Nakamichi is back!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmush

Car
w222 S500e PHEV 2014
Nakamichi

The past kings of cassette decks and in car stereos are back but does anyone in the UK have any of these units installed in their Benz?

My dad had one back in the days in his SL

Interesting, I will look forward to hearing the reports on these, I had an CD-400 previously and it sounded great, really great.

Not sure of the design of the new models though, single din anyway, but still look forward to hearing the reviews.

Interesting, I will look forward to hearing the reports on these, I had an CD-400 previously and it sounded great, really great.

Not sure of the design of the new models though, single din anyway, but still look forward to hearing the reviews.
Nakamichi Home

No the double DIN is there as well. All they need is someone to market them in the UK again.

I used to have one in the dancing donkey... was a sweet sounding unit. Always noticeable that it sounded just plain better than everything else..

No, but I do have one in my Lexus....premium sound system.....even has a cassette :eek:

Nakamichi used to be a relatively small audiophile company based in Japan. It's now owned by Akai which is now headquartered in Singapore as a subsidiary of Grande Holdings, a Hong Kong-based conglomerate. The Akai business model is to rebadge electronics manufactured by other companies. I doubt the new stuff will be a patch on 90's stuff but who knows.:dk:

I still have one of these in the garage somewhere. 6 cds in a single DIN. It was unheard of. But the price was £800. Which was a lot for an apprentice..!

I have a Nakamichi MR2 tape deck in the house.

Nakamichi were by far the Rolls Royce of cassette decks.

When it plays the sound is on par with CD quality.

Was wondering if I should get rid of it as cassettes are now non existent but it never gets used but when it plays, the quality is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom