1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nakamichi stereo

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by MissyD, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MissyD

MissyD Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
    I have a Nakamichi stereo in my old girl but the CD player has never worked since I bought it, second hand. I have messaged around a few places about getting it looked at and hopefully repaired, but no one seems to be able to help. I like the stereo because its fairly plain and think it looks good in her. Anyone on here know someone who may be able to help me please? Thanks

20170314_164152.jpg

2. DSM10000

DSM10000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C320 saloon MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    1 person likes this.
  3. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CL500
    They've got some great looking B&W speakers particularly the floor standers.

Wish I was still into HiFi!

4. Doodle

Doodle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129, A8 4.2 TDI, Renault Zoe, BMW R100
    Unfortunately since that unit was built, the company was bought out by the Chinese, has gone into receivership and is now little more than a brand label applied to generic tat car audio.

I suspect you may struggle to find spares and/or expertise to repair without paying through the nose, home audio repairers often won't touch in-car stuff.

5. DSM10000

DSM10000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C320 saloon MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    I never really was into high end audio, the tape deck was bought from a friend, I remember it was one below the top model (That being the Dragon?).

It was circa £1500 new sometime in the 80's and had a cabled remote control but was beautifully built with individual tape calibration and individual servo motors for each capstan etc.

All of the buttons and switches operated with a precise fluidity that just made it a joy to own and use. I eventually sold it to a Dutch chap via Ebay eventually as I was not using it. His late father had one and so it was a piece that brought back memories for him.

6. OP
    OP
    MissyD

Car:
    E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
    Ive messaged them in the past but they dont do repairs or parts for the MB-75 or CD Player products :(

7. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
  8. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Here's a video of an MB-100-----which gives you an idea why no-one likes repairing CAR AUDIO

https://youtu.be/USNYXOlhEO8

[YOUTUBE HD]USNYXOlhEO8[/YOUTUBE HD]

9. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ( )
    Try to contact Malcolm known as Television on other Mercedes forums (but not a member in MBClub) as I recall that he used to repair high end audio/visual equipment before retirement, and still tries to help others with broken equipment.

An old-school Nakamichi is worth saving. If you can't save it, sell it, so someone who can repair it does :thumb:

10. OP
    OP
    MissyD

Car:
    E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
    I know Malcolm well, unfortunately he isn't well atm, so won't bother him with it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ( )
    I hadn't realised, do pass on our thoughts and best wishes from those who remember him from his days on MBClub.

2 people like this.
  12. Chrishazle

Chrishazle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 1993 Porsche 968 Tip Cab.
    My thoughts also immediately turned to Television, who Missy D knows well, but as she says he's having some pretty intensive treatment just now and has not been heard of on t'other side for a while. There are many who wish him well, me included, as he has been and is a source of a lot of help to many.

2 people like this.