Nankang NS-2 Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Looking to change my tyres, and have read good reviews of these tyres on some of the more Maxed :devil: car forums!

Anybody got any experience of fitting them on a Mercedes, £56 per tyre for a 225 - 45 17 seems a good deal.

Cheers

BenzComander said:
Looking to change my tyres, and have read good reviews of these tyres on some of the more Maxed :devil: car forums!

Anybody got any experience of fitting them on a Mercedes, £56 per tyre for a 225 - 45 17 seems a good deal.

Cheers

Had these on my old C180. They have loads of grip, but wear out quick cos they are a soft compound tyre.
HTH

BenzComander said:

Cheers

I think it comes down to personal choice. A bit of a 'you get what you pay for' type situation. If you are after a cheap set of tyres, I don't think you would be dissapointed. Certainly one of the better known budget brands. :)

On another note, 225/45/17s - what vehicle were you thinking of putting these on, as I don't think that is the correct size for an E-class?

Cheers,

Will

BenzComander said:
225/45/17 are a direct replacement for the original 215/55/16, or so I thought :confused:

Got the info from:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Any body think differently??

Oh, fair enough, if you are using 215/55/16 then 225/45/17 is a close match.

Just that 225/45/17 is an O.E size for W202/W203 and I was under the impression that an E-class (W210/W211) used a larger sized tyre?!? :confused:

I thought that W210/W211s used 225/55/16s, and something like a 235/45/17 for a 17" wheel. Even this (235/45/17) to me sounds on the smaller side of perfect!

As a comparison, I bought a set of genuine O.E AMG E55 wheels (18x8 front and 18x9 rear) and the tyres fitted to those were 235/40/18 and 265/35/18. These are correct sizes for a W210, but are too big for a W202.

Anyone else able to confirm? :)

Cheers,

Will

Last edited:
Will said:
I bought a set of genuine O.E AMG E55 wheels (18x8 front and 18x9 rear) and the tyres fitted to those were 235/40/18 and 265/35/18. These are correct sizes for a W210, but are too big for a W202.

Anyone else able to confirm? :)
You will struggle to get anything wider than 255 on the rear of a w202, the front may be a bit too wide as well.

GRAV888 said:
Had these on my old C180. They have loads of grip, but wear out quick cos they are a soft compound tyre.
HTH

Cheers, thats probably why the Max Power boys like them!

How did you find them for noise/refinement etc?

They wasn't that noisy, and had 225/50/15 on the front with 235/50/15 on the rear.
They are ok for the money, but do wear quick.

BenzComander said:

Cheers

I had Nangkang tyres a few years ago on my 280SE, as mentioned they grip well but don't last long, I think I got about 12000 miles out of a set. The NCT I now use on my E300 get about 25000 miles

I have 235/40/18 Pirreli PZero Rosso on mine and they look and handle brill (just dont like the price).

Nankang NS-2 vs Michelin Pilot Premacy - twice as good?

The Michelin seems to get good press, but is it really good enough to justify twice the price? I'd be interested to know how the Nankang tyres wear in comparison. Any views?

Nangkang = Crap. I work with tyres all day everyday.. and these really are poor. For longlife I'd recommend Michilen Pilot Primacys..... For reasonable life but plenty of grip I'd recommend BF Goodrich Profilers I had these on my C230K after the Pilots.....still made by Mich but cheaper

Last edited:
Nangkang = Crap. I work with tyres all day everyday

I use mine whenever I go out in the car ;)

I know its subjective but I have Nankang II's on the front of mine, and have had for almost 20k and there is loads of tread left, at least another 5k I reckon. Mind you I do drive to preserve them not to leave blacks lines all over the place (been there done that). At £120 a pair they have been miles ! better value than the continentals and firestone I've had on the same car.

For the price . . . . :cool:

They will last on the front. My Pilots did 30k on the front no problem and they were still legal when I swapped them.

When you see the damage *splits/cracks etc* Faults *bulges etc* And wear on numerous brand and models of tyres you start to see whats hot and whats not.... and NangKang certainly arent hot. But you pays your money you takes your choice

Last edited:
grasmere said:
I use mine whenever I go out in the car ;)

I know its subjective but I have Nankang II's on the front of mine, and have had for almost 20k and there is loads of tread left, at least another 5k I reckon. Mind you I do drive to preserve them not to leave blacks lines all over the place (been there done that). At £120 a pair they have been miles ! better value than the continentals and firestone I've had on the same car.

For the price . . . . :cool:

What size were they for £120 pair? Pair of BF goodrich in 205/55/16 flavour were the same money.

WelshKompressor - I can't seem to find the tyres you mention "BF Goodrich Profilers" on any web site... can you help me find them? Is there a full name, or a specific retailer you know of? It'll be interested to compare.

Good to see I started a bit of a debate!!

Have been well impressed with the Nankang II's I have on the back of my car, so impressed I have just replaced the front Pirelli's with them! :D

Rears seem to be wearing well, done about 8K so far.

The price, £42 each delivered from mytyres.

Tyre snob :eek: not me :devil: :D :D :D

I have a 190 Cosworth and need 4 tires. A friend with the old M3 E30 loves Pirelli but they wear fast, but a lot of the M3 club use Falken tires, anyone tried them?
I'm after; 225 x 45 x 16.
Chris.

Falkens are pretty good I'd go for the FK-451 as it has rim protector and around £10 cheaper than the FK-452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom