Nanny agencies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

My Wife and I are looking for a Nanny to help us look after our son. Can anyone recommend a good agency.

Plus any other advice on Nannies would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tan

No direct nanny experience, but here is an opinion on day nursery. Friends have had full time and part time nannies with mixed experiences.

We went for full time day nursery for our two daughters - that worked well for us and we had a branch of Teddies [originally small private company, now on second owner since] nearby that was great for us. Our youngest is now nine, so things may have changed over the years.

Upside of Nursery:
Robust children - they quickly built up immunity to everyday bugs,
Social - they learnt to share and be tolerant of their peers, and were confident.
Reliable - you are not left in the lurch because your nanny is ill

Downside of Nursery:
Staff turnover - not when we started out, but became more and more of an issue
Corporate stuff - the change of ownership was quite difficult

I'm sure someone will offer some direct nanny experiences shortly

We are hoping to find a part time nanny and then our son will go to Nursery for the rest of the week. We are not keen on full time nursery as we feel that spending five full days in the nursery may be too much as he is only 14 months.

The other down side with nurseries is that if he is unwell he will not be able to go in, which means that either my Wife or I will need to take time off of work, which could be difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom