Nanny State has gone insane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
This really is could not make it up stuff

Mothers are banned from looking after each other's children

"Two working mothers have been banned from looking after each other's toddlers because they are not registered childminders.

The close friends' private arrangement had let them both return to part-time jobs at the same company.

However, a whistleblower reported them to the education watchdog Ofsted and it found their informal deal broke the law."

Some might think the core of the problem is numpties at Ofsted interpreting the word "Reward" too widely but that is just a symptom. Vernon Coaker has already sensed the huge danger of this latest piece of stupidity landing on him during the Labour party conference and will be giving them a good kicking.

Real problem is the dreadful control mania that grips this government that enables such nonsenses in the first place.

Mothers are banned from looking after each other's children | Mail Online

How can you "ban" somebody from looking after your child is you so want?
This could easily escalate something like into not being allowed to have children's parties unless the parents stay as well. Or not being able to share school runs. Or not being able to take your children's friends on holiday with you if they want.
Its simply ridiculous.

Absolute madness from a government that has totally lost the plot.

I'm not promoting anarchy, but the public should be getting together to tell the powers that be that rules like this are not acceptable. We are all being dictated to, and no longer have any say in the way we lead our lives.

We are already well down this road, sadly.

Legislation recently came into force (or is about to) where you cannot take other's children to school or a sporting event for example if you are an official at a club or children's organisation unless you are registered/checked out by the CPA.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that simply taking someone else's children with you anywhere in a car will soon be outlawed or at best be deemed 'unacceptable' - or worse - being labelled by society as some kind of pervert.

I help out at my son's swimming club. Again, you don't have to be a genius to work out that this is something which now requires one to jump through so many hoops, fill out so many forms, have so many checks, etc, etc. I don't know why I bothered...

Soon kids will be completely housebound because no one will dare do anything with them. Then the damn woolly liberal idiots will then be saying "how come no one thinks of the children?", and will have it thrown back in their faces that this world was the one THEY created. Well done you. :(

We are already well down this road, sadly.

Legislation recently came into force (or is about to) where you cannot take other's children to school or a sporting event for example if you are an official at a club or children's organisation unless you are registered/checked out by the CPA.

Doesn't take a genius to work out that simply taking someone else's children with you anywhere in a car will soon be outlawed or at best be deemed 'unacceptable' - or worse - being labelled by society as some kind of pervert.

These new rules will put people off who've been helping out previously for years. And of course, if someone chooses not to go through the registration process, or pay for the checks, then people will wonder if they've got something to hide.

I'm OT here, but my girlfriend is from Polski where a slightly more direct approach towards child rapists is soon to become law.

CBC News - World - Polish rapists may face chemical castration

This is supported by nearly 90% of Poles. They don't "f" around over there.

I grew up in the early 1950's and there was none of this nonsense around then. I walked well over a mile on my own to and from Primary school every day. Crossed main roads and used buses if it was raining.
OK, I accept some of that is probably not such a good idea nowadays what with the increase and speed of road traffic, but to impose this kind of legislation is bordering on complete control of the general populous.
Very dangerous.

I just knew this had to be a Daily Hate Mail story without even looking at the end of the link.

The Mail is an ugly rag but the story is 100% correct.

Job-share women are told their childminding arrangement is illegal - Times Online

Ofsted “The law sets out that childminding requires registration where a person cares for one or more children for reward, and at least one child attends for more than two hours in any one day.”

Vernon Coaker, the Children’s Minister “We need to be sure that the legislation does not penalise hard-working families. My department is discussing with Ofsted the interpretation of the word ‘reward’.

I'm speechless.

A) someone would be so petty to report someone to some nanny state creature for doing someone else a good turn

B)A law actually covers this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom