Narrow Escape-Vehicleinformation.uk

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I went to tax my wife's car online. I have to own up and say I wasn't paying full attention. Anyway I entered the car details
and went to pay. As soon as I entered the name on the credit card, the card no., expiry date etc came up automatically. Something struck as a bit strange and looking at the website, I realised I wasn't on the DVA site but one called Vehicleinformation.uk It turns out this site charges 50p for a 24 hour trial and then £5.95 a month thereafter. So I was lucky but worse was to follow. When I went to the DVA site, it informed me that the MoT had expired at the end of April. I never got any reminder and with other cars to look after, it completely slipped my mind. Earliest Mot date in N. Ireland is not until
24 October. I wonder how kindly my wife will take to using a bicycle !

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
G55 AMG Kompressor
I once did that im ashamed to say. I called up my bank and explained it was a fraudulent transaction. as it was only 50p they didnt query it and added the company to their dodgy list.

baxlin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skoda Octavia and JZR 3 wheeler
I went to tax my wife's car online. I have to own up and say I wasn't paying full attention. Anyway I entered the car details
and went to pay. As soon as I entered the name on the credit card, the card no., expiry date etc came up automatically. Something struck as a bit strange and looking at the website, I realised I wasn't on the DVA site but one called Vehicleinformation.uk It turns out this site charges 50p for a 24 hour trial and then £5.95 a month thereafter. So I was lucky but worse was to follow. When I went to the DVA site, it informed me that the MoT had expired at the end of April. I never got any reminder and with other cars to look after, it completely slipped my mind. Earliest Mot date in N. Ireland is not until
Whose bat is it? whose ball is it? Who’s responsible for breaking the window?

Translation: whose car is it? Who’s responsible for it being legal?

(Mrs B doesn’t read this forum, thank goodness!)

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
She'll be fine. You are allowed, so long as the car is roadworthy and can show, if asked, that the MOT is booked to continue to drive until the MOT. I booked our van on Tuesday and got a date of 21st Oct. It is due on 28th June. If you had got the reminder there was slip in the envelope advising of this.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
OP . Am I reading this right ? You can not find a place to MOT your car until the end of October 2022 !?
In NI the MOT is centralised in a number of Govt. run sites. And yep...the backlog is extensive at the moment.

A.J.

Car
2017 C200 2ltr (Petrol) ///AMG Line, Premium 4dr. 9G. Brilliant Blue with Porcelain trim
I find he easiest and safest way is to lodge a standing order with the DVLC for the RFL. Havn't even got to think about renewing RFL. I know it is a little more expensive but to me it is worth it to eradicate the fuss and bother of remembering when to do it and how to do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom