NASA PERSEVERANCE TO LAND ON MARS TONIGHT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Looking forward to this.

Happened on this thread at just the right time and watched the landing live - incredible technological achievement considering how many complicated manoeuvers the lander had to undertake autonomously to achieve a successful landing. Superb achievement, well done to all involved, lets hope the rest of the mission has similar stupendous results.

Got to see that just in time
I'll have to wait for a while just had tea and have to go back to work 😩

EuiZFvEXUAM8HrJ

Made the right choice to watch The Martian whilst on the gym today. 😁

Apart from the obligatory annoying presenters it was hugely exciting, another incredible achievement. Looking forward to seeing how the helicopter performs!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
approx 30 mins in from start

DESCENT START 20-48 GMT

Listening to the chap with the black mask on giving the briefing I could not help but think of Gunther Steiner the F1 Haas team boss ! I was expecting at any moment for him to start 'effin and jeffin' from behind his mask :D

What was remarkable that the bulk of the mission on earth was conducted under Covid 19 conditions- they stuck a plaque to commemorate this on the Rover which is now looking out on a crater on Mars!! They hope to show video footage of the last decent stages early next week- the first time an extra terrestrial robot landing has been seen. At present data streaming is by orbiter flyby only but once the rover high gain antenna is oriented towards Earth full comms will be established

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom