Naseem Hamed jailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieter

Car
2009 Jaguar XF 3.0D 'S'
Hi,

It appears the Law has (rightly) 'banged up' Naseem Hamed following his writing off his SLR.

Click here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4764161.stm

This has also (probably) put paid to any hopes of a (boxing) comeback. Perhaps he should retrain as a 'banger' racer.

Cheers,

Agreed, justice has finally been done. Although the British justice system still pee's me off at times.

I am referring to the article yesterday in the D. Mail, where 9 Afghans hijacked a plane and forced it to land at stanstead. Reason, they wanted to live in the UK.

The UK gov, could not deport them due to human rights shite and the defendant's case was fought on, yes you guessed it legal aid!!! Long story short. it cost the UK tax payer over 15 million pounds. The judge ruled in favour of the defendants and he also banned reported from naming these hijakers.

These scums are now living in a 250 K house each and were allowed to bring their families over as well and get all the full state benefits thrown in.

Am I crazy or has this country really lost the plot!!

Never confuse the law with justice. Justice is what you want, the law is what you get.

In this case richly deserved.

Its good that they made an example out of Nas BUT why dont they do this to every "scum" in the UK that is convicted of motoring offences/crimes...???

Flash said:
Its good that they made an example out of Nas BUT why dont they do this to every "scum" in the UK that is convicted of motoring offences/crimes...???

Has he been made an example of? He'll probably be out in a few months, having been lauded in jail. Better to fine him gizzillions and make him do serious community service. Clearing out sewers comes to mind.

Oh yes, and if he has to go to jail, can he be charged the full cost of his soujourn? I think it's about £1200 pw.

What is it about boxing? Is it the type of people attracted to it or is it something in the nature of the sport which so often leads to disaster?

Justice is done

neilrr said:
What is it about boxing? Is it the type of people attracted to it or is it something in the nature of the sport which so often leads to disaster?

It's because they think violence is the answer:)

IanAlexander2 said:
Has he been made an example of? He'll probably be out in a few months, having been lauded in jail. Better to fine him gizzillions and make him do serious community service. Clearing out sewers comes to mind.

Oh yes, and if he has to go to jail, can he be charged the full cost of his soujourn? I think it's about £1200 pw.

Community service is easy and is nothing to criminals/scum and is a "slap on the wrists".

He'll have to serve half the sentence and will probably be out in 7 months time on License/Good Behaviour which will show him what life is like on the inside (which would not be easy for people like us to serve but becasue he is a so called celeb and a pro boxer by profession he may not get as much aggrevation from the other scum) and he also has been given a 4 year ban and will be off the roads as well. So, in my opinion he has been made an example of. Had he been let off with a fine and no jail sentence then that would be an easy let off for him which is normally the case with these "idiotic" footballers!!!

IanAlexander2 said:
It's because they think violence is the answer:)

i wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that boxing is thuggery. Boxing is a noble art, unfortunately the current participants of said art are a fairly good snapshot of today's society and its problems - namely greed. The ancient Greeks (accepting they "may" not of had an slr ;) ) thought it the most noble of all sports.

There have been as many gentlemen in this sport as there have been thugs, and there are as many cheats, rapists and d*ckheads in other sports as there are in Boxing....dont let the fact there is punching fool you otherwise.

Rant over - shame the tosser only got 15mths. He epitomises what has gone wrong in this sport, and society to boot

Flash said:
(which would not be easy for people like us to serve but becasue he is a so called celeb and a pro boxer by profession he may not get as much aggrevation from the other scum)

I think he'll probably get more aggro because of being a lairy arrogant 'pro' boxer ...

Every hardcase inside will want to have a go , to say to their mates 'Yeah, that Hamed is a pansy .... battered him in the canteen ! '

I reckon they'll keep him seperate .....

I agree very much with what SportCoupeRich has said - I used to be very passionate about boxing as a sport/hobby when I was a teen and idiots like Prince Nas have given it a bad name just like with all other games of sports.

Howard said:
I think he'll probably get more aggro because of being a lairy arrogant 'pro' boxer ...

Every hardcase inside will want to have a go , to say to their mates 'Yeah, that Hamed is a pansy .... battered him in the canteen ! '

I reckon they'll keep him seperate .....

You have made a very valid point there...

Dieter said:
Hi,

It appears the Law has (rightly) 'banged up' Naseem Hamed following his writing off his SLR.

Click here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4764161.stm

This has also (probably) put paid to any hopes of a (boxing) comeback. Perhaps he should retrain as a 'banger' racer.

Cheers,

A result. But, sadly for the poor chap who has had every bone broken, its still something which I bet he wished hadn't happened at all. I hope that the victim wins substantial (like most of Nas' wealth) as compensation.

Nas should have been locked up just for smashing up his SLR alone!

Somehow I think the judge would have liked to have put his black cap on:

"Hamed's defence strategy was to frankly admit culpability and offer a heartfelt apology to the victims of his recklessness. Mr Sharpe suggested several alternatives to a custodial sentence: a lengthy unpaid work order; a lengthy curfew; the ability to give the Burgins considerable compensation; and a lengthy driving ban.

42 letters of positive character reference were submitted, including one from Dr Adrian Whiteson of the British Boxing Board of Control which said Hamed was “a very accomplished boxer who reached the pinnacle of his career…I do hope you deal with this case sympathetically”.

A character witness was called. Sterling Brown spoke emotionally and warmly of how Hamed had befriended his late son who had suffered from leukaemia.

The judge, Recorder of Sheffield Alan Goldsack, QC, felt a custodial sentence was inevitable and seemed to argue that he would have given Hamed more than 15 months if he was allowed to do so.

Within his judgement, Mr Goldsack said: “Speeding is clearly not something you got out of your system as a young man: it was a major cause of this incident. Your fame does not mean you fall to be dealt with in any different way (more or less harshly) than any other person: you, like everyone else, have an obligation to obey the law when behind the wheel of a motor car."

"You could easily have killed Mr Burgin. If you had done so, the maximum sentence available would have been 14 years imprisonment, having been increased regularly by Parliament. There was a proposal to increase the maximum sentence for dangerous driving generally but that did not survive the legislative process. Many probably regret that and Judges, at this and no doubt other courts, have regularly observed that the available maximum where death does not result is insufficient to do justice in many cases where the driving was in a particularly aggravated form and/or serious injury was caused to one or more victims. Yours, in my judgement, is such a case."

Bendy over pick up soapy Mr Hamed ....... ;)

Howard said:
Bendy over pick up soapy Mr Hamed ....... ;)

I’m started to get a little bit worried about your now H… (all this bendy over pickup soap business…) ;) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom