Nasty one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jeez that Mb is a wreck cant work out which model it was.

Looks to me like either a W219 or W220.

I'm not going to speculate, but those photos were taken with a very long lens from at least 250 meters away.

The road is actually pretty well straight.

SLK AMG...though it's irrelevant given the driver died.

Sadly the airbags did not prevent death on this occasion.

I know that road well as I used to work at Hunterston, heard about this on the radio yesterday and thought I bet that's nasty as it is a fast stretch of road and that roundabout comes up pretty quick if you are not expecting it.

Very sad.

Let's hope it was nobody from these forums.

Neil

That thought had occurred to me , but really it is just as bad that someone died , probably leaving loved ones behind who will now be devastated , no matter who he was .

But , yes , the tragedy would touch us more closely if it were someone known to us .

Scary! Not much left of the front end of the car looking at those photos.

I know that road well as I used to work at Hunterston, heard about this on the radio yesterday and thought I bet that's nasty as it is a fast stretch of road and that roundabout comes up pretty quick if you are not expecting it.

Very sad.

Realised that I know the road and roundabout also.... the last bit into the roundabout tightens up. Sad, very sad, but over near work (Aberdeen and the shire) we've had a number of road deaths in the last couple of weeks. All leading to grief somewhere (one being the brother in law of a chap who works with me). Work for all of the services (police through to council/highways) to find out what went wrong, and how to try to prevent it from happening again. Lets hope there's no witch hunters or blame layers casting their rune stones even now ....

dupe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom