National Express Psychopath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

englishdas

Car
57 E200 Kompressor
Coming back from a theme park down the A1 coupla days ago, in the fast lane, and my partner points out a National Express coach weaving like crazy 100 yards ahead, so I back it down a bit, but it turns out heś weaving as a scare tactic to force the guys on the inside lane to pull back and let him in. Weǘe just passed the mile marker for the turn off so why be so aggressive. He is BEARING RIGHT DOWN on the Mistu Lancer on the inside. Mr Mitsu cant brake too much to let him in as he has a picasso up his butt. so he can slow down in time for the National Express driver to decide heś having the inside lane anyhow, and drives the Mitsu into the hard shoulder, Ive never seen a driver not care so much about killing a bunch of folks. why not just back it off in the middle lane and coast in to the middle?

Naturally, I took the plate and contacted National Express, the guy was bloody mental. I did notice the Mitsu driver follow him off the off ramp though... Should I report it to the cops too?

No harm in reporting him .

Two independent complaints which corroborate each other are sufficient for prosecution .

Report him. Quite sure some of his passengers noticed as well.

OK, Have to respond to this one as I am a National Express driver! Hopefully you got the reg no and route number off to Nat Exp as 99% of us have no time for drivers doing anything like this. It is unlikely that the same problem as the Newport Pagnell acc was to blame as most of the fleet now have Alcho-Lock systems fitted which prevents you starting a vehicle until you pass a breath test on board. These test machines are set to about 12-15mg I am lead to believe and as you know the legal limit is 35mg, they are poss going to be set lower in the future as well. It sounds like he was using the coach as a bullying tactic to regain his lane for the off ramp which is unacceptable in any scenario so deserves what comes. Please bear in mind that nationwide there are only 3 garages that actually work for Nat Exp themselves, these being Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick, all other drivers are 3rd party operators from various companys operating routes on our behalf under contract. The driving standards in our 3 garages are extremely high as we have monitoring systems on board to ensure this is the case so it is highly unlikely to be an Owned Ops driver involved. Would be interested to know the vehicle and route involved though.:(

I have often taken National Express coaches from Stansted Airport into London and always found the drivers to be extremely professional and safe (and personally, I also find it reassuring when the driver has a bit of grey hair... apologies to any young coach drivers on this forum).

So this does seem to me like the odd one out, and yes definitely should be reported in my opinion. However, if you do hear back from Nat Exp saying that some reasonable action has been taken, this may be good enough.

Yes, I didn't want this to appear as a Nat express problemz just an isolated incident. I did report him to his employer, with reg and road and time. Good to know they have the breath test system. Now they need a thirdparty driver intelligence test. Truly scary driving chaps.

Just read this and all I would say is be careful in your assumptions.

1) You were driving in tha fast lane(no such thing, overtaking lane ok:D) so you would have caught up with this incident,
2) Prior to you catching up to this, do you know what the other drivers involved were doing and could they have been making life difficult for the bus driver proior to this by speeding up and then slowing down

I am not defending the driver here, but there is only one side of the story written on here and you have painted a not too rosey picture of the incident which may have been not entirely as you saw it.

Just my thoughts on this.

I remember when that bus crashed on the M1, wasn't pretty. Shame the lesson hasn't been learnt across the board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom