National MBClub Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
I've been on this forum for a year and a bit, and i've realised that the meets that occur are quite divided, because of the distances between some of the members geographically.

In the past has there been meets where everybody came? and if so, where was it?

Sorr Adam - just adding on the committee members to this thread so it's clear to everyone who they are etc...

andy_k
EDZ649
Pontoneer

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on this forum for a year and a bit, and i've realised that the meets that occur are quite divided, because of the distances between some of the members geographically.

In the past has there been meets where everybody came? and if so, where was it?

Probably the nearest to it I know about are Jay's meets in Nuneaton. Last year especially was well attended - over 60 people if I recall!

In the earlier days of the forum, we had some large meets, but I don't think anything much different to Jay's from the looks of the pics. Maybe a tad larger but I wasn't at any of Jay's so perhaps an unfair call. We had a smaller community, which had some relevance to everyone pulling together for a date and also allowed the use of private residences on occassion, something which now really wouldn't be practical on a everyone's welcome basis. Even then it was nowhere near everyone, too many members spread out too wide!

Maff's Maidenhead GTG's were cracking, as were Jimmy's in Kettering and I'll never forget attending one of the meets Ian W orgnaised in Preston where I had the fist hand experience of talking to a group of lads that had come down from Glasgow and didn't have the faintest clue of what a single word any of them said, despite looking to Brian WH for some clues with which he was equally useless!

Giving the best impression of scale of a meet that I've been to, it was a summer 2003:

2664084921_231d53551b_b.jpg

2664079711_e1bc6e83cf_b.jpg

2664078765_51fe5d968f_b.jpg

2664069037_c19719c5b1_b.jpg

2664067223_0eb63598fc_b.jpg

2664069037_c19719c5b1_b.jpg

That was a great day out - even the kids came along and Maffs hospitality was second to none!

IIRC Shude actually fitted my official pedal mod in that very field :)

Dorians SL in the foreground
Mine behined it before I had it colour coded :) Not sure who it is who is looking into my car though ?
We both still have the same cars - though Dorians is still absolutely mint in every respect!

We should do one again.

Maybe the admin staff could organise an "official meet"?

We should do one again.

Great idea - but IMHO it needs to be at least in the Midlands to get the <2nd best attendance>. I say that in deference to our Scottish friends to whom Stafford way is the midlands of the UK!!! :thumb:

But the the weather is so nasty north of Guildford.....

Last edited:
But the the weather is so nasty north of Guilford.....

So nasty that he can't even spell Guildford..... :bannana:

We'll get space heaters (aka Big Bonfire) in for the namby pamby southerners... :D

We'll get space heaters (aka Big Bonfire) in for the namby pamby southerners... :D

Maybe he meant Guile ford :D You could come a little further North to Bali, oops sorry meant Barnsley :D

:ban:

Lager drinking northerners.....:p

Graham you forgot the German and Holland meets :) (although not organised by us but ze Germans it was awesome to convoy up. even MB themselves turned up to that GTG)

Shude and I had a meeting last week and this topic was actually discussed however we never got round round to table it with the rest of the staff.

We will discuss this and come back to you guys with some proposals soon.

Last edited:
:ban:

Lager drinking northerners.....:p

Larger in the North :ban: Theakstons, Timothy Taylors best bitter country up here :thumb: Don't group us with the Southern Shandy Drinking Softies :D

Get North of the Border and you are into serious drinking territory, went to a Burns night this year in Ayr and each diner got there own individual bottle of Whisky and I mean a full bottle 750 ml :eek: Serious hangover territory :)

We should do one again.

There are aspects that need to be investigated and considered with having a truely official forum meet, opposed to forum members having their own informal gatherings ;) , but as Vin says, we will discuss.

The German GTG is not forgotten.......now who thought up enough categories for this little lot....I do recal the sound meter going around for loudest exhaust! :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN0158.jpg
    DSCN0158.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 674
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of aiming for universal. I mean forget country wide or global, lets include everyone :D Brilliant!

Maffs brings back memories :) that was good.

Not seen my old car in agees , i even had mobilo to that one as it was a little sick :)

And there was me thnking there was going to be a meet for owners of W110 and W111 Universal estate cars !

i think it would have to be around the midlands to get the most atendees.... everyone has to travel a fairly long distance to attend, and if you happen to be in the midlands you're lucky.

if the date was right and it was going to be a large meet i would happily travel the distance. i think the main issue most coming from a distance would have is that the meet would have to be a big-ish event to warrant the journey and cost of hotels etc, maybe spread over a couple of days.... maybe even a day of a meet and a nice meal, few drinks in the evening and then some sort of event the next day like a theme park or something. :dk:

No Tie & don't be shy

What about a meet in the day and then something like the "Black Tie and Pie" event in the evening like the one that that Pistonheads have? (sorry to mention PH) at a hotel in the Midlands. I organise an annual event for a engineering society I am involved with and it works well and I have some great 24hour deals with hotels all over the country.

Maybe we can have a "No tie and don't be shy event" organise a dinner / dance and bring our other halves or am I just being too ambitious?

I'll throw my hat into the ring and say I'm willing to help organise if the mods and admin think its a runner.

Would be good to do something that involves all of us :bannana:

What about a meet in the day and then something like the "Black Tie and Pie" event in the evening like the one that that Pistonheads have? (sorry to mention PH) at a hotel in the Midlands. I organise an annual event for a engineering society I am involved with and it works well and I have some great 24hour deals with hotels all over the country.

Maybe we can have a "No tie and don't be shy event" organise a dinner / dance and bring our other halves or am I just being too ambitious?

I'll throw my hat into the ring and say I'm willing to help organise if the mods and admin think its a runner.

Would be good to do something that involves all of us :bannana:
I would definately be up for something like that, it would be nice to have over 40 mercs all lined up :), biggest meet i've ever been to had about 20-25 (ollys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom