National MBClub Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would re-think Buxton.

It's a million miles from anywhere.

It has a micro climate not dissimilar to how I would imagine it being on the Faroe Islands.

Above all the cars will be filthy which might upset those who wash the car just for the GTG as the whole area is covered in lime powder.

One redeeming feature is that there's free mineral water for all!!

It is a spa town in the beautiful Peak District one of the loveliest parts of England IMO. And for those coming from Kent and from Scotland I'd guess it is not far off half way from both.

The Peak District is surrounded by large cities: Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, Rochdale, Stockport, Bury, Oldham and many more. Popular tourist area with loads of hotels, B and B's etc. And some fabulous drives like the Snakes pass and on through the Hope Valley.

Chatsworth or Buxton would be a good call.

Chatsworth House restaurant do a mean sausage sandwich!

Mercedes and a nice stately home in the background go hand in hand. Very regal!

It is a spa town in the beautiful Peak District one of the loveliest parts of England IMO. And for those coming from Kent and from Scotland I'd guess it is not far off half way from both.

The Peak District is surrounded by large cities: Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, Rochdale, Stockport, Bury, Oldham and many more. Popular tourist area with loads of hotels, B and B's etc. And some fabulous drives like the Snakes pass and on through the Hope Valley.

This has my vote! Not only is the Peak District beautiful but I live in Buxton...:)

I would re-think Buxton.

It's a million miles from anywhere.

You are so wrong, it's pretty central for access to the whole UK. Part of the reason I chose to settle here. I travel UK wide with work but prefer to have a home surrounded by stunning countryside rather than stuck in a town or city.

It has a micro climate not dissimilar to how I would imagine it being on the Faroe Islands.

Admittedly it's a bit chilly & grey today......!!

I don't live in Buxton, but I'm there regularly. Of the many people there I know who live there - or visit on business - I've never known anyone say that it's convenient for travelling to/from - only the opposite!!

No denying it's a beautiful place, and has some great roads for driving in the early morning before the wagons and caravans are out in force.

I don't live in Buxton, but I'm there regularly. Of the many people there I know who live there - or visit on business - I've never known anyone say that it's convenient for travelling to/from - only the opposite!!

No denying it's a beautiful place, and has some great roads for driving in the early morning before the wagons and caravans are out in force.

Snake, Cat & fiddle. Who needs anything else. Buxton is a great idea, all we need is a major incident somewhere else in derbyshire to keep the cops busy for the day.

Peak District sounds good to me, it's one of the few places I've not been for a random drive in the UK :D

Snake, Cat & fiddle. Who needs anything else. Buxton is a great idea, all we need is a major incident somewhere else in derbyshire to keep the cops busy for the day.

I'm sure I can sort something out, I'll need 6 flower pots, a pint of milk, 2 oil drums, a UPVC door, a wooly hat and some sticky back plastic......

So... After 38 pages, do we have a location yet?

we are trying (very hard) to finalise the details.

As soon as we have got them sorted we'll let you know

Some things have taken longer than expected but we do have to work as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom