National MBClub Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 thoughts on this topic. 1 There is already a UK wide event oganised by Mercedes- Benz club so is there really a need for another one? 2 Sacriligious but has anyone spoken to BMW Car club and asked how they fund/organise their annual event at Gaydon?
Just my two pennys worth....

It's a bit late now, but you should have invited only those who would seriously consider attending, to respond to the poll.

Now, it should be made compulsory, for all those who appended their thanks, to turn up - so that's 48 already. :thumb::D

All we wanted to find out was a very quick and rough cross section of where everybody lived.

It may or may not prove accurate regarding who's coming or not - I'm sure that will change as the date gets closer but it would have been a lot less accurate had we ruled out people who weren't sure or who may decide to come at the last minute :)

Can I make a suggestion?

Everybody who has an idea about where we should hold this meeting, rather than say it whould be in such and such an area please have a think about venues that can accomodate us and post a web link so we can have a good look at them.

Let's assume we are talking 100 members, not all who want to stay overnight so that pretty much rules out hotels unless they have a monstrous car park. They are not going to want all these people parked their when only a small percentage of them are actual guests.

Anywhere that is suggested needs to have some sort of very local overnight camping/caravanning facilities for those that want to make a weekend of the event

To stop the fights before they start, It's not going to be in the South East nor is it going to be in the North of Scotland so there really isn't much point in suggesting a venue in those areas.

We need serious input from the Midlands, Wales - maybe North Wales would be a good idea? superb scenery, great drives etc.

The Fylde coast has already been mentioned, any more suggestions up there?

Chattonmill mentioned Northumberland and offered us a location - even though it's pretty uncivilised it's hardly the end of the earth and is served pretty well by motorways etc :)

What we need are proper ideas then we can move this forwards and start looking at dates and costs

Quite interesting that the most concentrated area of MB peoples is in area 6 which is also the most smallest!

But greater London alone must have six million people plus never mind the adjacent counties, and sussex and essex. Thats more in London than areas 1 and 2 put together

Best not to start another thread on this otherwise we won't be able to find the info we need easily. Please post in the main thread, thanks peeps:)

I haven't read every post and if this has ben pointed out already ignore me.

Nearly everyone travelling South will use either the M1 or M5/6. All those from the South East will probably use the M4 if travelling any distance Westwards.

No one, who doesn't need to, would want to use the M25 so I'll ignore the M1 as a route Southwards.

This leaves the M4 and M5 as a cross-section. Therefore somewhere Bristol, Newport, Monmouth, Gloucester,Cheltenham would seem to fit the bill as long as it is close to either or both motorways.

There must be somewehere big enough for a meet and I KNOW that there is a big selection of hotels and eating places in the area.

Over to someone with a better knowledge of possible meeting places.

on looking at Tatton Park a bit closer.......

No mention of caravan/camping,

The cottages can only be booked for two nights not one

If we are planning any 'off site' activities I suspect we are going to run into problems

May be worth a phone call though

I haven't read every post and if this has ben pointed out already ignore me.

Nearly everyone travelling South will use either the M1 or M5/6. All those from the South East will probably use the M4 if travelling any distance Westwards.

No one, who doesn't need to, would want to use the M25 so I'll ignore the M1 as a route Southwards.

This leaves the M4 and M5 as a cross-section. Therefore somewhere Bristol, Newport, Monmouth, Gloucester,Cheltenham would seem to fit the bill as long as it is close to either or both motorways.

There must be somewehere big enough for a meet and I KNOW that there is a big selection of hotels and eating places in the area.

Over to someone with a better knowledge of possible meeting places.

We've already said that anything within or around the M25 is too far south

Just for the record, an awful lot of us in the South East Corner cannot easily avoid the M25 if we are heading north.

on looking at Tatton Park a bit closer.......

No mention of caravan/camping,

Small site just south approaching Holmes Chapel on the A50. No idea what it's like though.

Woodlands Park Campsite
Wash Lane
Allostock
Knutsford
Cheshire
WA16 9LG

I must add though........... I go to Tatton twice a year for the Classic car meets. Whereas it's a great venue for a big event there is not much there for 100 or so guys once the cars have been given the once over. Big old house and miles of empty parkland. Good central location all the same.

Last edited:
I really, really wouldn't want to be the person who makes the final call on location :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom