National MBClub Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really wouldn't want to be the person who makes the final call on location :crazy:

Or has to pay for it, given that with so many GTGs people all seem to drop out at the last minute.

People should have to pay for this one, or be forever banished if they come up with some lame excuse and bale the day before...

looks very good, sounds exbenzive.

There is so close to Gaydon which IMHO has a least a car relevance. On the other place we are have a meet in Gaydon 1st weekend of december, as we did last year (so its kind of an annual event there now) as it was such a successful venue. Hotel wise Banbury is close with Holiday Express Inn, Premier inn etc and plenty of restaurants to eat out in there too.

Here is another thought. IIRC crockers and a few others had a Jaguar trackday there. I know it isn't Mercedes Benz but if 100 MB owners roll up Jag/Landrover/Aston Martin Tata UK are there and may be willing to put on some cars for us to try :cool:

I know Gaydon is fairly far south, but is handy from the M40 and not prohibitively far north for those south of Watford gap.

Anywhere that is suggested needs to have some sort of very local overnight camping/caravanning facilities for those that want to make a weekend of the event

Hertfordshire County Showground

Redbourne Showground, VW meets use it.

Next to the M1 - doddle to find

Has cheepo lodge over the road:

Luton South (M1, J 9) Hotel | Information - cheap quality budget hotel rooms - Premier Inn

Has pub next to said lodge:

Find a Harvester

M1 handy for Northerners and kilt wearers, not too far from M25 for London people and southerners.

Could there be a better location?

IMHO yes. Gaydon for its museum and MBworld if it weren't so far south.

To be honest if you're happy to drive to Gaydon, MB world is only another 90 minutes further away.

I doubt MB world would do anything for the club?

To be honest if you're happy to drive to Gaydon, MB world is only another 90 minutes further away.

I doubt MB world would do anything for the club?

Yes, but I am willing to drive to meets all over the country as I am young and relatively free - a lot cannot and simply don't have the amount of spare time that I do. A meet really any further south of Gaydon will alienate a lot of members.

Gaydon, IMHO is pushing it as it is, especially for those in areas 1 and 2. MBworld is round the 25 and in Surrey (i.e. South of London).

As good a location as it MBworld is, its a heck of a trip (even for those in Northern England) and I only went when I was at Ollies, and I recall at that meet I was the only scotsman.

I know we are not an official mercedes club, but the mere prospect of 100 enthusiasts would surely get us a discount on AMG experiences, and driving experiences for those with kids so MBworld IMHO would support the meet, but its non feasible on account of being so far south.

My suggestion was that a specific car related museum might offer a bit more entertainment than a collection of cars in a field/car park, and a useful activity if the weather is foul. As nice as a BBQ on a summmers day is, we cant really plan a meet like that such is the weather in Britain.

My suggestion was that a specific car related museum might offer a bit more entertainment than a collection of cars in a field/car park, and a useful activity if the weather is foul. As nice as a BBQ on a summmers day is, we cant really plan a meet like that such is the weather in Britain.

We'll rent one of these:

Charlesworth - Marquee hire, marquees hire, marquee hire UK, London, Home Counties, Marquees for weddings, , Charlesworth, Wedding, Party, Parties, Surrey, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Berkshire

Rain or shine, no worries.

If its anything like the steam fairs, the tractor towing costs you a fortune !

& by the way, not all the 'kilt wearers' live in scotland !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom