National MBClub Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already said that anything within or around the M25 is too far south

Just for the record, an awful lot of us in the South East Corner cannot easily avoid the M25 if we are heading north.

You didn't bother reading my post did you?

No problem, there's been a lot of posts on this theread.

The only problem with the showgrounds is the cost and the lack of control we get over certain factors.

Most of them won't let us specify the caterers as they insist on their own which are never cheap and from experience some of them are awful and not all will allow us to light barbeques etc.

A rough guide to costs from the Newark and Notts showground was £750 - £1000 for the field with private access, £10 per pitch camping, and approx £10 a head fpr a hog roast or similar.

We are very quickly getting around to £30/£40 a ticket (assuming 100 attendees) before we look at marquees and getting electricity into the site and I think that may be a bit on the high side.

We are still looking at this though and some sites are cheaper than others

Let's take a step away from venues for the moment, what do you all think about ticket prices for the meet itself? Without starting another poll, how much do you think is reasonable?

For me, I'll sit at the back for no more than £25. In advance non refundable ofcourse.

The only problem with the showgrounds is the cost and the lack of control we get over certain factors.

Most of them won't let us specify the caterers as they insist on their own which are never cheap and from experience some of them are awful and not all will allow us to light barbeques etc.

A rough guide to costs from the Newark and Notts showground was £750 - £1000 for the field with private access, £10 per pitch camping, and approx £10 a head fpr a hog roast or similar.

We are very quickly getting around to £30/£40 a ticket (assuming 100 attendees) before we look at marquees and getting electricity into the site and I think that may be a bit on the high side.

We are still looking at this though and some sites are cheaper than others

Let's take a step away from venues for the moment, what do you all think about ticket prices for the meet itself? Without starting another poll, how much do you think is reasonable?

Depends if you are looking at just turning up for a day meet then £10 per head excluding any catering.

Meet & bbq £15 - £20 PP

A meet and dinner £40 PP

A meet bbq lunch, dinner and overnight in a hotel £75 pp

You can do it for this easy I just come back from the engineering society meet I told you about 2 nights hotel in a 4* all food 2 xdinner 1 x lunch 2 x breakfast inc after dinner speaker £250 per couple. great value to me.

Just my 2p worth

If we're serious about making this a formal meet with catering and marquee type stuff then I can poke a client of mine who is into that kind of stuff. Maybe even get a field, would be near York (convenient for me...) - not far from Hull, Leed and York so cheap hotels a plenty, could get catering sorted. Marquees aren't cheap though and you'll be wanting 200+ people to make it worthwhile.

Our church rents out as a conference venue and has catering facilities and parking for about 80 cars too, would be cheap but not available for a Sunday. Hog roast (did one a few weeks ago) is very cheap to do.

As for cost, any "just meet" meet shouldn't be more than a tenner. If we can find a big pub / hotel in a good location then I'd be aiming for <£40 including a damned good dinner, <25 for a pub dinner, and depending on timing if done when hotels are quiet you should get a room for less than 40 quid on top.

Or has to pay for it, given that with so many GTGs people all seem to drop out at the last minute.

People should have to pay for this one, or be forever banished if they come up with some lame excuse and bale the day before...

Which is why it will be payment up front, no excuses:)

Last edited:
Which is why it will be payment up front, no excuses:)

I don't mind that. So long as a) the meet is in a reasonable location b) its something okay. A dinner IMHO is okay and £75 all in isn't probibitive but £250 is a bit overkill.

How is payment going to be collected, will there be an MBCLUB paypal account and folk can send money?

I don't mind that. So long as a) the meet is in a reasonable location b) its something okay. A dinner IMHO is okay and £75 all in isn't probibitive but £250 is a bit overkill.

How is payment going to be collected, will there be an MBCLUB paypal account and folk can send money?

We are working on that as we speak. All will be revealed in due course:)

How about:

Rallies & events at Billing Aquadrome

"Billing Aquadrome can cater for groups from 50 to 10,000, and is the ideal place to hold all sorts of events:

centrally located, near junction 15 of the M1
set in 234 acres of parkland
3 bars and clubhouses, Indian restaurant, 2 cafes, take-away facilities...
marquees availble for hire "

And camping and caravan facilities for those that way inclined.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to get some idea of likely numbers? If those who think they are likely to come to a function, somewhere in the Midlands, could indicate intentions it would surely make planning easier.

Obviously the location you need for 20 people is totally different from that for 100 plus.

When the location and schedule of events is provided then people can decide and commit.

Until that point it is mere conjecture.

When the location and schedule of events is provided then people can decide and commit.

Yes that is one way of doing it. But you may find you choose a venue that is great for 100 people and yet only have a much smaller number coming. Or the other way round.

Surely we know that all reasonably central locations for the 'nation' will be in or around the Midlands. And most people will know whether they are likely to want to come or would rather just do their local events. Surely some rough indication of numbers is pretty esential in planning any major event?

yes and it will be happening :)

At the moment we are looking into as many options as possible

Most of our guesstimates are being based on a figure of 100 people attending. Any less and it will be no more than a largish regional meet which we are hoping to far exceed.

We are waiting on a few quotes and other information before we can make any firm announcements.

Judging by the way things are moving it should be next weekend

Just a random thought, but has anyone looked at finding out where the greatest number of national events are held?

I'm thinking that we can cash in on someone elses work by holding the event in the region that show organizers have already worked historically out as being the area most appealling to nationwide attendees.

Sorry if this is a) late or b) stupid :)

Maybe it's cos I/we attend a fair few of them but a lot of Club events happen in the Yorkshire/Cheshire area.

Tatton Park. Harewood House. Castle Howard (although that was a one-of). Capesthorne Hall.

Just my 2p worth but Cheshire is about 4hrs for me M74/M6 and that would be my limit probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom