Nationwide Car Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertoMercini

Car
E250 BlueEff Coupe
Currently having my car repaired through More Than, who use the above as their agents. Having picked up mine on Friday (and leaving me with a 1.2 Corsa - the largest they do apparently... I asked what the smallest was - a roller skate?) I will not be seeing mine again until the 8th Feb. This is real minor damage we're talking about, a front bumper and grill replacement.

Anyone else ever dealt with these and been given a courtesy car that they can fit the shopping in, especially considering how long they've got mine for!?

Just done some rework for one of their bodyshops. That they made a complete mess of.
The original repair should have been around £2000.00 after they made a mess of it. The rework came to a total of just over £4200.00

i would get any repair done by an insurance company checked. Ad their current policy is to repair everything. Or their new 'eco' initiative... Using green parts... Thats seconhand parts to you and me...

I'd not recommend you use one of those "big" bodyshops, sure they may be insurance approved but they're not known for doing the best jobs going.. heard and seen far too many bad jobs so I'd steer clear.

You can use any body shop as long as they're insurance approved you just have to state where you want it to go, give your insurance company the details and they negotiate with them.

They don't have a good rep but repairs will vary according which "shop" your car goes to- some will be better than others. Remember these "repair chains " have got the big approved repairer business from the insurance companies by submitting the lowest bid for work. I guess its too late now the car is with them- just hope they make a decent job and be prepared to question the quality of work when it comes back-- pay particular attention to the quality and colour matching of any paintwork. Take GOOD DIGITAL DATED photos in evidence if necessary.

Ive had my company car done by them in the past.....said it would take ten days, after a moan it went in on a Friday and came out on the following Tuesday. Havent had much to gripe about, but my C32 is going to Barry at MultiTech for some rust repairs, whos on here, as id much rather a more personal input into my own car !

Currently having my car repaired through More Than, who use the above as their agents. Having picked up mine on Friday (and leaving me with a 1.2 Corsa - the largest they do apparently... I asked what the smallest was - a roller skate?) I will not be seeing mine again until the 8th Feb. This is real minor damage we're talking about, a front bumper and grill replacement.

Anyone else ever dealt with these and been given a courtesy car that they can fit the shopping in, especially considering how long they've got mine for!?

Been referred by Aviva to the national chain they worked with for repair of own-fault damage. After spending most of the morning getting to their nearest branch (which was not really near me at all), waiting at their reception for the 'engineer' to asses the damage, etc, they managed to loose my paperwork, and wanted me to come in again, which I refused to do due to the distance and the time. I tried getting the damage repaired by my local dealer, but Aviva said it would mean another £300 cost to me on top of the normal excess, and they will not warrant the repair (which they would do if using their own repaired). In addition the dealer had issues getting to Aviva and obtaining approval etc, so eventually I just gave up on the repair althoghther... but luckily your experience sounds better than mine.

I had heard they were ****e but the Reading branch did a good job of the brother in laws Seat. A very good job in fact

Thanks for all the advice chaps, wish I'd asked the question before letting them take it away, may have been in a better position. First experience with an insurance company dealing with repairs so I suppose one lives and learns!

I WILL be meticulous in inspecting the repairs though, as I would have been anyway - you can be sure of that!! I'm actually calling into Boston to personally pick it up so that will be an ideal time to ask questions

I used a company called Brian L Shilton (Mercedes approved) in Epping to remove a ding on my A pillar. I am starting to doubt they did anything other than pull out the ding (dont know what tool they could have used on an A pillar) because I just cant find where they have blended the paint or nothing. It looks just like it was when it went in except the ding is gone.

It is a small family owned business and my mind was put at rest when I got to the workshop and found out mine was the least expensive Mercedes in the garage.

I had some work done through More Than (replaced my corroding front wing on the W202) and this was done with DWS, the job and services was great, can't really fault them. Usually More Than demand high quality and will support you on any issues you have to get it right, also they guarantee all workmanship, paintwork for life which includes corrosion. I am a happy customer - also if the claim is someone else's fault they will fix you up with a decent car, had a new E-Class when someone hit my bumper.

Do let us know how you get on, will be interesting to compare notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom