Natural selection - a fool's tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Friend of mine is in the Police force. Whilst on a surveillance task, the marked PSU full of officers noticed a car backing into a parking bay beside them. This one happened to be a disabled bay. hmmmm.... he got out and asked if he could park there :doh: They looked at his car windscreen, looked at him - "no you can't". He replied, right, sorry...the police officer then asked if he'd had a drink? "Yes, 4 pints". :doh: "Blow into this please" = twice over the limit. :crazy: Fortunately he only walks, not drives amongst us.

Good...another danger cleared from the road.

Should have his car automatically crushed... that would stop drink driving overnight.

E CLASS said:

Should have his car automatically crushed... that would stop drink driving overnight.

In Scotland they confiscate the car after a second offence.

That is assuming you think that many disqualified drivers don't still drive, yes no insurance also, we live among them:D:D

That seems wasteful. Why not confiscate it and sell it at auction?

Anyway it sounds unjust to me. What if the car is a family car and the drunk's partner/mother/daughter needs it to go to work or take the kids to school? How can you punish the whole family for the wrongdoings of just one member?

I imagine the family of a convicted drink driver are punished anyway with the legal ramifications, shame, and the need to ferry them around for the ban's duration. Crushing their own car wouldn't solve much... they'd borrow or buy another.

I imagine the family of a convicted drink driver are punished anyway with the legal ramifications, shame, and the need to ferry them around for the ban's duration. Crushing their own car wouldn't solve much... they'd borrow or buy another.

Still a punishment though isn't it - regardless of how much you can afford, or want to spend on a car. The time and inconvenience is enough too, even if you jus borow a car(another can of worms for insurance etc).Good incentive not to do it if you or your other half rely on it for work, school, family etc.

Which officer sold the story to the News of the World. :doh: Too late now I'm afraid. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom