Naughty Euro Car Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
So , yesterday I emailed them about a new condenser for my car , they have two listed , I was enquiring which was the correct one for my car.

Anyway , phoned them today and one is OEM and one is pattern , all good.

However , yesterday before my email the price of the pattern one was listed as ' Normal Price £66 , Our Price £47 ' and the OEM one was 'Normal Price £200 , Our Price £100 '

Today , the pattern one is Normal Price £86 , Our Price £66 and the OEM one is Normal Price £316 , Our Price £200 ........

Hmmmmmm

Coincidence ? ;)

Unfortunately,prices change all the time,along with their discount offers,I take it they don't like us,as Joe public can get a higher(30%) discount code most of the time.I take it you have mentioned the increase in price,would like to know how they can justify it.

You can buy the part from anywhere - no need to use ECP

Of course, once ECP have driven all the other companies out of business they can charge what they like. You can then buy from the "allegedly cheaper" company - which is owned by ECP

Nick Froome

And of course it assumes that it is actually the correct part being supplied!

It usually takes 3 attempts to get the right one from ECP :)

As said have a shop around ECP can usually be beaten on price/quality/service IME. Dunno which car it's for or what the sellers are like etc but a quick google for a clk430 2028300970 got unspecified brand @ £64.90, Nissens @ £115, Valeo @ £145 and a Delphi £92.20 delivered

So , yesterday I emailed them about a new condenser for my car , they have two listed , I was enquiring which was the correct one for my car.

Anyway , phoned them today and one is OEM and one is pattern , all good.

However , yesterday before my email the price of the pattern one was listed as ' Normal Price £66 , Our Price £47 ' and the OEM one was 'Normal Price £200 , Our Price £100 '

Today , the pattern one is Normal Price £86 , Our Price £66 and the OEM one is Normal Price £316 , Our Price £200 ........

Hmmmmmm

Coincidence ? ;)

Hi Howard!

Sorry for the confusion!

Last weekend (including monday and tuesday) we ran a sale across our website, where items had a discount already applied to them - this is when you would have seen the lower was / now price

when you looked after the sale (wednesday) you would have seen list / our price (there would not have been a normally price) - you can then get the forum discount from this price

If the above doesn't explain it, please drop me a PM with the part number and ill show you with some screen grabs during the sale.

However - its worth noting, i would hazard a guess that during the sale, the item was discounted by less than 30% - so you are probably better off ordering now, using the forum code.

There is no funny business going on - we simply ran a weekend promotion where items were discounted, and have reverted back to our previous prices.

martyz; said:
I take it you have mentioned the increase in price,would like to know how they can justify it.

Hi Marty,

I believe my explanation to Howard, above explains the change in prices - we have NOT increased the prices - they were decreased between friday - tuesday during our weekend sale - If you dont believe this, please choose any part number on the website, and ill provide you the past 4 years, price history.

martyz; said:
Unfortunately,prices change all the time,along with their discount offers,I take it they don't like us,as Joe public can get a higher(30%) discount code most of the time.

Not true - We love the forums, especially MB Club - The normally the biggest discount on 'all' products is 20% to 'joe public' some times we'll run 25% on 'most products' or like now we'll run 30% off service parts.

Please remember,
1) that the MB25 code works on almost everything (unlike the public 25% code)
2) The MBclub30 works on over 150 different product groups (the current HOT30 code works on 8)

AMGeed; said:
That does sound suspicious and I wouldn't be too impressed if I wanted that part.
As above, nothing suspicious - its the same as if you walked into a clothes shop, during their spring sale, then walked in the next day - their prices would have 'magically increased' - or maybe the sale had just finished.

I hope the above explains it all - As always, if you ever want further information please do drop me a PM and ill be as helpful as ever :thumb:

Pat

However - its worth noting, i would hazard a guess that during the sale, the item was discounted by less than 30% - so you are probably better off ordering now, using the forum code.
Pat

Assuming Howard is correct, this is wrong. Part was £100, now £200 - even 50% discount only makes it even...

Assuming Howard is correct, this is wrong. Part was £100, now £200 - even 50% discount only makes it even...

Hi!

I have a feeling that the £200 wasnt a 'was' or 'normally' price - it is the list price for the product. I wouldnt expect to see a 50% discount on a OEM condensor (i may be wrong)

Either way, i'm shooting in the dark with the guessing, as we dont know the part number!

pat

EDIT: I've just remembered Howard posted the part numbers in another thread - im going to grab those, and dig up the price history - that should settle it :)

Pat

I stand corrected! -

There are 2 parts -

222220360 (the OEM one) - this part had a huge discount during the sale periods where it dropped from £197.64 to £98.56 in the May sale [51%], and £200.40 to £100.80 [50%] in the more recent sales. (wow)

That means that between 1st Jan and now (ignoring sale prices) the part has increased by £2.74 - considering currency changes, fuel prices, cost increases and all other overheads - i think a 1.5% increase is fair?

222220361 (the aftermarket one) - during the sale, the discount was much less dropping from £66 to £47.40 [29%] in the May, June & July sales.

That means that Since this part first came into stock 31st Jan 2013 this part has reduced by £20 in price. considering the normal issues which increase prices, this is quite impressive

If anybody would like to see the history in a nice chart, please drop me a PM - its quite interesting as it totally disproves the tradition theory that 'ECP Increase prices'

However, As i have ALWAYS promised, if a forum member misses out ona sale price - or if the sale discount is less than the forum discount - drop me a PM and we'l make sure you pay the lowest price!

Pat

Hi Ecp,

Have looked on your website but can't find an inlet manifold for my car. Reg no is y42 xju.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom