Naughty wing mirror - W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjg

I'm now the proud owner of a C220 and have a few teething problems...

The o/s wing mirror isn't working, I'm getting an error message as it doesn't indicate, it won't fold in or adjust either.

Any thoughts on what it could be and where I should start.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

It maybe a broken wire between the control unit and the mirror. Remove the mirror housing and have a look.

:) that sounds quite like the w203 mirror that i belted off a traffic cone :)

Hi Miro,
When you say door controller, can you be a bit more specific?
Cheers
Jonathan

If the other functions of the N69/2 work OK and your just having mirror problems it seems strange to me that it is at fault.

Sounds more like M21/2x1 to me if it has failed then the mirror will be dead and I've seen it happen before.

You won't believe this...

Just had the wing mirror off and you don't need to work for the formula 1 team to see the problem!

The wing mirror isn't even connected, looks like the last owner fitted a new one and the connections didn't match.

Is it possible to buy an off the shelf connector to rectify this or is it totally the wrong mirror?

Cheers

J

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 66
It's the wrong mirror, it's a automatic one not the manual one.

Looks like your car spouldn't have auto heated/folding mirror.

The one on the left is the one that fits, the onr on the right is the one that doesn't fit the car...

Just had the wing mirror off and you don't need to work for the formula 1 team to see the problem!

The wing mirror isn't even connected, looks like the last owner fitted a new one and the connections didn't match.

Is it possible to buy an off the shelf connector to rectify this or is it totally the wrong mirror?

Cheers

J

Just buy the extension lead. The mirror is not at fault, it needs a seperate harness sold by Mercedes.

Thanks Miro and everyone else for you input on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom