Nav 20 map version and updates?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Superdunx

Car
2011 W204 C200 Cdi Elegance Blue-Efficiency and 2000 W202 C220 Cdi Classic
Hi all,

I have a 2011 C-Class (pre facelift) fitted with the audio 20 system. At the time I purchased the car from MB earlier this year, I had a (rather expensive) Nav 20 update fitted.

On the whole I'm very happy with it. It is not as good as command but it does give me full postcode search as well as the ipod and USB connectivity I wanted and it is all integrated into the existing audio 20 display and controls.

Recently though it has become apparent that the maps appear to be well out of date. It started with a few incorrect speed limits and a few missing roundabouts/junctions, but lately I was on the A3 and noted that the Hindhead tunnel was missing. This would put the age of the maps at about 3 years +!

So a few questions, Firstly is there any menu where I can find the current revision of the Nav 20 map? I can't seem to find anything that gives me a revision in the Nav application.

Secondly where can I go to find out the current level of Nav 20 map offered by Mercedes?

Has anyone done a Nav 20 map update, and if so how much did it cost/how was it done?

Finally does anyone know what Mercedes policy is on map updates? The car was purchased as a genuine approved used from an MB dealer, who also fitted the Nav 20. I would guess that they should have checked the map revision as part of the install? Has anyone else had a similar experience and could share their advice?

Many thanks.
Duncan.

The latest map is 2011/2012

You can't buy NAV-20 any more and in fact some of the spares are problematic to get hold of too.

If it was earlier this year, it would have 2011/2012 map, as for the last year or so they come as a "map-less" unit and you load the map. The memory stick gets paired to the VIN and then is only good on that car.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom