Nav retro fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Djs19

Car
E250
Hi all. Was wondering if I could fit a head unit that has sat nav pre installed from a donor car at breakers yard? My car is 2012 E class estate but there’s no sat nav fitted which I would really like. I don’t want to swap my car as everything else about it is great. would it be a straight swap or is there more to it? Would really like to fit a reverse camera also that works on screen fitted in dash. TIA and merry Christmas all

Hi all. Was wondering if I could fit a head unit that has sat nav pre installed from a donor car at breakers yard? My car is 2012 E class estate but there’s no sat nav fitted which I would really like. I don’t want to swap my car as everything else about it is great. would it be a straight swap or is there more to it? Would really like to fit a reverse camera also that works on screen fitted in dash. TIA and merry Christmas all

You can retrofit COMAND NTG4.5 or NTG4.7, you'll need both the head unit and the screen, plus an dapter kit that you can probably get from www.comandonline.co.uk. And you'll need someone with STAR diagnostic computer to set it up and SCN code the car with MB.

That, or get www.comandonline.co.uk to supply and fit an Apple CarPlay / Android Auto unit, then use Waze for navigation.

The other alternative option is a 10.25" Android infotainment unit that fits in place of the current screen. It's full of features BUT spoils the original look of the cabin, at least for some.

You may already have pre installation for navigation. Email me the vin number to [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom