Navi Installation Insanity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmspitali

I have recently purchased a new company car CLS305cgi but without command aps but instead aps50 (budget). I would like to get Command APS installed with the intention of taking the Command APS unit out from my current E class w211 and installing it into the CLS and installing the CLS's APS50 into the E Class. Simply, just swapping the navi systems between the two cars. Does anybody please have any instructions on how to do this. The internet urgently needs one as many people (maybe just me) are asking on various forums (german). I would pay for the information. Unfortunately my MB dealership says its impossible to do and would be too costly if it were...hmmm. Im willing to install it myself and have them do any reprogramming that might be needed.

ok well, thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the german website you gave me does not help as it is for the CLK coupe not Mercedes E class and CLS which is what I have. Yes I can read german.

Hi, I have been going through exactly the same problem. www.comand.com do retrofits, but not to W211. The COMAND system has shed loads more wires, and the nav box is in the boot. It's a major strip job, and REALLY expensive. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but defo, converting to COMAND in the new E Class is a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom