Navi system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Royboy

Car
C class
Hi there,I'm new to the group just bought my first ever c class Merc and totally love this car,has anyone of you guys got or had the Navi system in you’re car mine has the version that comes up in the dials no map just left and right or straight on was just wandering how it works cheers in advance

Welcome.

What year is your C-Class?

That's odd... there used to be a basic version of navigation that had only text-only display, it was called navigation 20 and was optional on cars fitted with the Audio20 infotainment system, but the system got maps-based navigation as of 2009/2010.

So you may have (somehow) Audio20 with text-only Navigation 20 on your facelift W204.

Can you post a photo of the display?

Also, does your car have pre-wiring for Becker Map Pilot navigation system?

It will be a bracket in the glove compartment, see for example:

84-030716201247.jpg

5934450.jpg

Hopefully this helps

Attachments

• D7EB1424-3567-40C4-98D2-37ABF467DDB1.jpeg
    D7EB1424-3567-40C4-98D2-37ABF467DDB1.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 21
  • D3FD4C84-4E7F-4E90-BC10-55A1E3BE2BD2.jpeg
    D3FD4C84-4E7F-4E90-BC10-55A1E3BE2BD2.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
Yes, you have have the W204 pre-facelift with the Audio20 infotainment system and the text-only Navigation 20 satnav.

What threw me off is that I was excepting your car to be the facelift model, which was introduced in March 2011 and had a completely different dashboard and infotainment/navigation system. I guess yours is one of the very last pre-facelift models.

You can try talking to www.comandonline.co.uk regarding retrofit/upgrade options, or look at after-market Android-based systems, or just stick a portable satnav unit e.g. TomTom, Garmin, etc (of mobile phone with satnav software) on the windscreen.

So can i put in an address Into it or does it just tell where I’m going ?

I have the Navigation 20 system in my W204, it was an update when I installed some new maps into the UMI ( Universal Media Interface) which was installed, this has a unit in the glovebox which has leads for USB and Apple coming from it.

Nothing like that in my glove box.

You do not have the NAVI manual? I have a pdf copy for the UMI, I assume it is almost or exactly the same as Navigation 20. Just too big to be attached here I'm afraid.

there wasn’t a manual for the Navi when I bought the car,but there is 3 leads in my glove box a usb,Aux and an old I phone plug.

I have the Navigation 20 system in my W204, it was an update when I installed some new maps into the UMI ( Universal Media Interface) which was installed, this has a unit in the glovebox which has leads for USB and Apple coming from it.
I also have these leads in my glove box.

Cheers for that just had a quick browse are these instructions for the type of navi system I’ve got eg display in the dials?

I've never heard of a display in the dials only system, but the box in your glovebox would seem to indicate that this is the correct manual. Perhaps a word with Command at Lightwater they are the experts on this sort of thing.

Thanks for the advice I will give them a ring and see what they say thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom