navigation (speed camera alerts)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leeds150784

Car
c220 bluetech amg line
Hi all,
This is my first time here as I have recently purchased a c220 blutech amg line and was wondering if anyone knew how I could get speed camera alerts on the navigation please? I owned a lexus ct200 advance plus which had a very nice navigation system with speed camera alerts which I found extremely helpful. I am therfore wondering if I could get this on my merc?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Hi all,
This is my first time here as I have recently purchased a c220 blutech amg line and was wondering if anyone knew how I could get speed camera alerts on the navigation please? I owned a lexus ct200 advance plus which had a very nice navigation system with speed camera alerts which I found extremely helpful. I am therfore wondering if I could get this on my merc?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

This is the best solution I have found - Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras - Speed Camera Download

They have a database specifically for Comand - you just need to download the database on to a SD card and load them up as POI's - they display as icons and you can set it to get an 'audible'

Does this work in conjunction with COMAND - identifying speed cameras on the screen as you're travelling the route set in the satnav?

Yes it does on my command ntg4.5, visual and audible alerts , mobile camera audible alerts the distance to camera could be greater , I think someone on the site listed above was working on it

Subscribed, followed the instructions and got the data onto the SD card, but when I select Personal POI's and confirm with the controller I don't get Importing Data.

Any ideas please?

When you extract from the zipped folder, make a new folder and rename it PersonalPOI , copy or move the extracted folder to the new Personal POI folder on the SD card
Good Luck

Last edited:
Sorted thanks - just need to test it tomorrow, however, there are now camera icons on my previously camera less COMAND system :thumb:.

Last edited:
Don't forget you will get nicked if you use the camera alerts in France

Is this something the French police lookout for when they pull you over?
What if you disable POI's when getting pulled over or remove the SD card...

Sorted thanks - just need to test it tomorrow, however, there are now camera icons on my previously camera less COMAND system :thumb:.

Check my post history on how to use it and customise the number of seconds before the warning comes.

By default it is too late for the bong warning sound to come.

Is thebong the only audible warning available? The website offers a voice alert too but that hasn't loaded.

Last edited:
Someone on the pocketgpsworld forums (nemesis1 our whitenemesis?) say they only get 85% hits on the speed cameras with Comand, something to be wary of if your relying on your BONG to keep you out of trouble.

Someone on the pocketgpsworld forums (nemesis1 our whitenemesis?) say they only get 85% hits on the speed cameras with Comand, something to be wary of if your relying on your BONG to keep you out of trouble.

It spotted 100% of all the fixed cameras I drove past today (about 12), but on one stretch of dual carriageway showed a different camera icon in 6 or 7 places on the map, all immediately in front of me, when there were none :dk:

It spotted 100% of all the fixed cameras I drove past today (about 12), but on one stretch of dual carriageway showed a different camera icon in 6 or 7 places on the map, all immediately in front of me, when there were none :dk:

Those are the regular locations for mobile cameras. The system shows the locations where mobile cameras may be, not where they actually are at any given moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom