Near miss...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Joining a motorway today, the inside lane clear (as usual) the other two full. So, this fool in a Q3 decides the inside lane looks inviting...so decides, without indicating to move to that lane...at the point I was both joining the motorway and running out of slip road.

Much pumping of horn persuaded him to move (half heartedly) back to the middle lane...so I could zoom up his inside showing my disapproval.

They drive amongst us. Joining a motorway should be easy...but some people do not think about their driving in the slightest.

I should add...he was on his hand held phone. Ban these devices or their users or both.

Last edited:
Joining a motorway today, the inside lane clear (as usual) the other two full. So, this fool in a Q3 decides the inside lane looks inviting...so decides, without indicating to move to that lane...at the point I was both joining the motorway and running out of slip road.

Much pumping of horn persuaded him to move (half heartedly) back to the middle lane...so I could zoom up his inside showing my disapproval.

They drive amongst us. Joining a motorway should be easy...but some people do not think about their driving in the slightest.

I followed some mouthbreather from M1 services who decided to join the motorway at 30mph :doh:

Better still, joining the A34 some muppet slowed to a stop at the end of the sliproad, indicating to join an empty (motorists had pulled over to allow us to join) inside lane....

Do you have to indicate to move back into the left hand lane?
I never do.
And zooming up the inside lane being angry and abusive isn't exactly good driving.

Just seen a post on the audi forum....

Near miss.

"Some loon in a merc hooned up the inside giving me the coffee shake sign and mouthing things at me! Not looking where he was going! All I was doing doing was returning back to the correct lane!

The drive amongst us, be aware! "

Just saying.

Do you have to indicate to move back into the left hand lane?
I never do.
And zooming up the inside lane being angry and abusive isn't exactly good driving.

Just seen a post on the audi forum....

Near miss.

"Some loon in a merc hooned up the inside giving me the coffee shake sign and mouthing things at me! Not looking where he was going! All I was doing doing was returning back to the correct lane!

The drive amongst us, be aware! "

Just saying.

If you had just overtaken someone and were moving back to the left, I'd agree.

When you are in the middle lane, in a queue (stopped, I missed that earlier) and are merely changing lane because it's free, and at the point where cars are joining said lane from the slip road...I believe you could at least indicate...better still, observe those joining and not be such a tawt.

I was doing about 50 because they were stopped...so not hooning...but a large difference in speed.

I expect if he wasn't on the phone he would have stayed out when a slip road was approaching - as per the most basic sensible driving.

Phones in cars turn normal people into idiots.

I was doing about 50 because they were stopped...so not hooning...but a large difference in speed.

I'm in no way condoning the q3 driver, he does sound like a pr*ck.

But doing 50 in the left hand lane while the others are stopped isn't good practice either.

Blaring your horn and giving abuse while accelerating faster than the other traffic while your in "the slow" lane would make you come across like a tawt, no matter what the other drivers do/did.

Look at it from the outside.

Two wrongs and all that.

Just saying... Happy Christmas :thumb:

I'm in no way condoning the q3 driver, he does sound like a pr*ck.

But doing 50 in the left hand lane while the others are stopped isn't good practice either.

Blaring your horn and giving abuse while accelerating faster than the other traffic while your in "the slow" lane would make you come across like a tawt, no matter what the other drivers do/did.

Look at it from the outside.

Two wrongs and all that.

Just saying... Happy Christmas :thumb:

You are right of course...the horn was loud, I know it caught his attention and caused him to change his course away from hitting my offside...but it was noisy. Sorry.:eek:

If there are other vehicles close around it's good to signal your intentions..

Absolutely. I always do - doesn't take much effort, and it could help someone who's half-asleep to get back to reality :thumb:

Last month, on our way to a charming Cornwall village, I was returning to the middle lane on M5 after overtaking a few cars, indicated, started moving, when I was about ⅔ in the middle lane, an elderly gentleman in the left lane, who was doing perhaps 55mph, suddenly swings in - luckily the third lane was empty, and Merc's ESP works, but it was very close. I almost never use my horn, but had to on this occasion - he genuinely didn't see me :dk:

Absolutely. I always do - doesn't take much effort, and it could help someone who's half-asleep to get back to reality :thumb:

Last month, on our way to a charming Cornwall village, I was returning to the middle lane on M5 after overtaking a few cars, indicated, started moving, when I was about ⅔ in the middle lane, an elderly gentleman in the left lane, who was doing perhaps 55mph, suddenly swings in - luckily the third lane was empty, and Merc's ESP works, but it was very close. I almost never use my horn, but had to on this occasion - he genuinely didn't see me :dk:

So indicating made no difference :p

The use of a horn is an audible warning to be used when an accident is likely......it also looks good on the insurance claim form!!

Not enough drivers use the horn properly resulting in its use being taken for abuse rather than a warning

Not enough drivers use the horn properly resulting in its use being taken for abuse rather than a warning
I agree, but unfortunately its use triggers extreme overreactions by many aggressive drivers!

Better still, joining the A34 some muppet slowed to a stop at the end of the sliproad, indicating to join an empty (motorists had pulled over to allow us to join) inside lane....

I was driving down to Dorset on a NSL A road (A35 IIRC) when some woman in a 208 TWICE came to a complete halt to let someone join from a side road.

How we drivers in the following three or four cars laughed as we carried out variations on emergency stops to avoid ramming each other.

What was she thinking??

Yesterday, exiting the services again on the M1 and the doom-brain in front decided to stop halfway down the slip road :wallbash: before waking up and working out what he/she was supposed to do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom