Near miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
on the M25 ACW on Saturday early evening (still daylight), about to leave onto the M3. Plenty of traffic but flowing nicely at about 70mph. For those who know this junction, there are four lanes of continuing M25 and two lanes coming off to the M3. We were approaching the point of separation (in the right hand of the two exiting lanes, ready for heading down the M3 away from London) when we saw the car in front put his brakes on. Mrs PXW was driving so I had the view down the inside where I saw a white Prius, stationary, straddling the white line in the middle of the two M3 lanes. Emergency stops all round (and thankfully we all managed to avoid a collision) then the Prius indicates right, makes its way across the intersection and the start of the M25 hard shoulder and continues down the M25. Clearly went the wrong way and realised too late. But rather than just continuing and correcting course at the next junction, they decided to endanger themselves and everyone around them by just stopping in the middle of the motorway. If ever we needed a police patrol car to come along, it would have been then!

Glad to hear you avoided an accident. I agree, better to turn round at next junction instaed of what they did.

Seen it all before, sometimes these type of junctions have cameras positioned, just for this sort of madness, whether an operator can be bothered to make a call to nick the pri#k, that and the lack of motorway police within less than 200 miles, doesn't help. :wallbash:

We must have all seen something like this,not sure what goes through these drivers minds,ok you have made a mistake,but thankfully many will carry on and sort it later on in this case the M3,but a few are just brain dead,to stop like that as the PXW said it could have caused a number of accidents.

Complete lunacy , could of been 40 vehicle pile up with multiple deaths .

With navs and huge signs , words fail me .

I travel the motorway networks up and down the country and see this more and more. Apart from being bloody dangerous it suggests that driving standards are at an all time low. Furthermore it seems endemic to certain makes/models of car, mostly japanese and in some cases particular colours are to be avoided. The lack of ability to read navs and big signs may be part of the problem, but I think it goes deeper than that.

It sounds like the antics of someone who is unfamiliar with driving in this country.

Prius .... often UBER cabs relying on sat navs :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom