Near side "a" pillar trim panel s211 e320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toolman1954

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2006 320 CDI Avantgarde . 1997 312d Sprinter
Hi All.
S211 2003 E320 AVANTGARDE

I need to remove the Near Side "A" Pillar trim panel to enable me to fit a stick on DAB aerial earth to the metalwork. I have pulled off the door trim and am somewhat reluctant to use brute force to rip off the trim panel down the side of the windscreen. Anyone know correct proceedure or where the clips that hold the panel on are located. Thanks.
Steve

Mod.... would you mind moving this to the correct section please ... a senior moment !!

Last edited:
Well no one moved the thread, so it can remain here as not solved but --- AVOIDED.
I wired up the PURE Highway 300Di , a hole in the rear of the ashtray for the wire and tapped into the cigarette lighter socket for live and earth. The main unit now sits in the space under the glovebox and footwell trim and aerial wire runs up the A pillar and sick on aerial is on the screen. A hole in the rear of the glovebox for an audio wire into the AUX Input socket.
Turned the key pressed AUX on Comand and the 300Di burst into life. Result.!!
Originally I needed the A pillar trim panel off to fix the copper aerial earth to some bare metal,( as per instructions ) but it seems to work without it.
As a plan B, I had thought of using a strip of solder braid (for de-soldering ) from the stick on aerial and feed that across the trim metal edge join and under the door trim. Planet Rock here we are again.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom