Near smash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
I was nearly driven into by some effing clown today, I was driving alone in my side of the road about 40mph innocently enough (in a 60) and this person was too, but coming straight towards me. I braked and hit the horn and they swerved out of the way, but if they hadn't we'd have still collided and it would have been entirely their fault as they were driving on the wrong side of the road for no reason. Why they did this I do not know.

What worries me as if I had been going faster (easily legal to do so but not advisable as a blind junction lies not far ahead) they wouldn't have had the time and my braking wouldn't have been sufficient give them room to sort out their crudy driving.

Be careful out their, that freak occurance could easily happen to you.

I had a similar experience, guy on the phone, cut the corner looking at his phone.:confused:

It was a near miss to say the least

a) Johny Foreigner
b) under the influence
c) asleep

I suspect a) as they seemed to be just driving on my side of the road. No look of a car leaning on its suspension as it was being caned. Odd time of day to be drunk too. I didn't see mobile phones or such like.

I've had idiots cut corners etc but this was proper driving on my side of the road thinking they were doing the right thing.

e) playing chicken.

You lost..

Interesting suggestion. But I didn't swerve and change lanes as I was in the correct one, they did - I just braked and got ready for impact and gave the horn a big blast. I wasn't going to risk putting my car into a spin come crash for someone elses mistake.

Ergp I won (and if we collided would have been an even bigger winner as my big E class vs a ford fiesta). If someone was going to die in that crash it wouldn't have been me :D

Anyway, its been an interesting day on the roads for me. Including a very nice fun drive over the Dukes pass at Aberfoyle. And alas I end this sad day ASAP as I need to be up early for work :devil:

a jealous guy who has it in for expensive mercs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom