Nearly 50mpg from my E320 Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Great day out today with the family and crusing back I set the cruise to just over 50 mph.

I tried to get 50 mpg and nearly did :)

Wife took this as slowing down for roundabout..

photo43.jpg

Now given what this car can carry / tow and the performance (esp with the D6 fitted) thats pretty good !!

If a D6 is fitted the parameters have changed and the readout will be incorrect I'm afraid.

Russ

When the ECU thinks "X" amount of fuel is being delivered to the engine and the D6 is altering that amount without the ECU being corrected, who can say?

50mpg should be possibly, but you really need to check it with a brim to brim test as the dash computer has no reference point anymore. Even when standard, the dash read out is usually a couple of MPG's out anyway.

Russ

I will try brim to brim but it's very good as during it's recent trip to Europe the miles we did on one tank was superb.

It did just over 40 mpg driving to France and that was worked out from litres used so I think today's will be pretty accurate. During it's trip to France it had a roof box, bikes on the towbar rack and boot full :)

It's ran in now..... So maybe just getting better with age

Managed this drifting steadily back from Sheffield 2 days ago. Even if the onboard computer is by a bit, its the best I've had so far. Up until a very long traffic light, it was 51.something mpg. Not bad for a big, pre-economy-is-everything engine.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110906_170005.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_170005.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom