Nearly a kill... quite literally.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Well I was driving to Halfords to get some replacement brake bulbs, approx 7pm tonight, when I had one of the scariest moments in my 17 years of driving :confused:

I was doing approx 45 in a 40 limit on a dual carriageway (okay so I'm no angel :devil: )

In the distance a set of traffic lights had changed from red to green so as I approached I knew there was no danger of them changing back to red again.

As the car was across the junction with the lights in my favour a d@mn moron bicyclist decides to cross the road just ahead of me :crazy: :eek: No lights on his bike and he seemed to be dressed head to toe in black clothes :mad: (at night!!!) I think a trained Ninja would have stood a better chance of being spotted grr.

So I slam on the anchors and he freezes for a moment 'frozen bunny in headlights syndrome' (I can still picture the look of cold fear on his face) before deciding to dash across the rest of the road to get out of the way my car and impending death.

I thank my stars I have such amazing brakes on the car... The ABS cut in, I could still steer the car while jamming on the brake pedal and somehow I missed hitting him... phew!! :|

I think if I'd been driving another more mundane car, or a much older model, then this bozo would be dead or at least seriously injured.

Well that's my near kill story, sheesh you can't take one iota for granted these days.

Be careful out there peeps... idiots and morons abound and as I found out tonight, some of them seem to have a death wish. :confused: :mad:

S.

Last edited:
Thank goodness your car wasn't damaged..

I can sympathise. Had a wino walk out on me once. I missed too.

Don't know whether to say well done or not! ...just thank God no-one was hurt :)

Unlike this headline I came across today -

Family of man driven over by Mercedes testify in defense of alleged killer

By PAM EASTON
The Associated Press
2/11/03 7:31 AM

HOUSTON (AP) -- Defense lawyers brought out an unusual trio of witnesses at the murder trial of a woman accused of running over her cheating husband with a Mercedes, calling on family of the victim to testify on the suspect's behalf.

The jury's still out!

Ducking cyclists! :mad: Run 'em over, that's what I say. They don't deserve "road user" status until they start paying road tax :devil:

I was slowed down to a crawl twice on the way back from work today because they were too arrogant to move over to the side of the road. Both times on the lovely windey road around Arthurs Seat (for those who know Edinburgh)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Close shave ... well done , the brakes are amasing on our cars , quite VIOLENT

It's not hitting them , its the mess it would make of your car.:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom